Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just (last week) done 1.5 days at Magny Cours club circuit, with 0.5 day on the F1 circuit. I recommend it! (F1 that is). Fast, technical, and the kawa is a missile! (I have a ZX6R 03). In half a day managed to get down to around 2.00 (on road tires with just a can change). Could keep up with just about anything (apart from some modded GSXR1000's :() The more I ride it the more it impresses me. The thing was on the shift light in sixth (around 14000) before braking for the hairpin! Incredible for a 600. With some new hoses the limits on braking are my weedy arms. My previous bike (aprilia mille r) was no faster and I am able to boss the kawa like I could not with the aprilia. Roll on more track days...

Paul.

PS I'll stick some fotos up. Destroyed some sliders trying to get my elbow down :D

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
You should get one of those suits with magnesium sliders on the elbows (and shoulders, but you prob don't want to use those) so everyone can see your feat:D Doesn't the Dainese T-age Pro have those?

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Magny Cours, lucky bastard - we have to contend with some rather bumpy tracks with no run off here in the states. Not to mention the fact that there's just about no world class road courses here STOP REMINDING ME!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have been to Spa/Franchorchamps and Hockenheim this year. Holy ground - definitely!

But I'm dreaming of the 'corkscrew' @ Laguna seca!

[}:)]

Jay Pee

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Nicely done. I can't say Magny Cours would be a track that would favor the 636 over a big-bore sportbike like the Gixxer due to the long straights accustomed to F1 racing, so take the Gixxer hotshots to a tighter track next time and show 'em who's boss. Photos please...

Don't we all dream of the corkscrew at Laguna. One of a few tracks I'd just LOVE to get a crack at someday. Who knows...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.