Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I just got a 91 zx7 for my first bike. I got it for free with a clear title but there was one thing wrong with it. It needs a new engine. I have two options to go with. Rebuild it or just buy an other engine for it. I was just wondering how easy it is to pick up an engine for my bike.

·
Registered
735 Posts
My last bike was a 91 ZX-7. I loved it. Problem is, 1991 was the year that there were the most restrictions on the bikes being shipped to the US so it was way down on power compared to the other years. The chassis was awesome though. I would suggest trying to obtain a 95-96 motor.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Have fun and ride safe. That sounds like a good deal.

--David

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So the 95-96 years will fit okay? Thanks alot for all your help. This will be a fun and long project for me. If any body is interested in comming out to see our stunt bike show also you can get more info from me and tickets also. Thanks again guys for your help.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I might be able to make it. Do you mind if I post it in other motorcycle forums?

Btw here's 2 engines.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ENGINE-MOTOR-kawasaki-ZX-7-750-ZX7-ZX750-NINJA_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35595QQihZ020QQitemZ300019164667QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-zx7-zx-7-engine_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35595QQihZ008QQitemZ180020330713QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes go ahead. It should be an awsome turn out. we are expecting a lot of pro riders to come. If you want any more info or if you know anybody that wants a flyer or to buy tickets in advance please let me know. Thanks again guys for all your help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you. I'm still not to worried about it right now. I know that it's going to be a long process of putting everything back together and making sure everything works. Again thank you for everybody's help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.