Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya all. Im 17 and from the UK and ive just bought a 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r.

Loving it so far.

Heres some Pictures

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
congrats on the bike!

when you have time, give us your impressions of it and how it rides and handles.

welcome to KF.

have furn, ride safe
:)

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :Hello: Wow, that license plate is even bigger than the Australian ones! Must cause a lot of drag...LOL. Yeah, let us know how you like it. Especially the fuel injection since we're stuck with the carbed version over here on the other side of the pond.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi mate, im from Bristol ive ordered my bike it is susposed to be available in October however i don't think ill have all the money by then so it will most likely be in dec. Maybe sometime when i have a ride down that area ill say hello possibly, pm me on fb or summut. Name is Ashley Ellis.

As to the number plate, that is actually the legal size in the UK it will fail its mot if is any smaller also you will get a fixed penalty fine if is any smaller if caught by the policy however that will be the first thing ill be changing on my bike and the exhust aswell.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the comments.

Yeh the bike has been great so far, over here in the UK the waiting list is about 5 months for this bike but luckly i saw one second hand and bought it quick.

As for the rear fender im buying a Fender eliminator (or tail tidy as we call it in the UK :)) from r and g racing

Its a neatly designed piece and its still legal as it has a mini numberplate light fitted.

Also i may get a slighty smaller plate but it may be a bit risky with the cops.

G

·

Yeh the bike has been great so far, over here in the UK the waiting list is about 5 months for this bike but luckly i saw one second hand and bought it quick.

As for the rear fender im buying a Fender eliminator (or tail tidy as we call it in the UK :)) from r and g racing

Its a neatly designed piece and its still legal as it has a mini numberplate light fitted.

Oooh! I really like that 'tail tidy'!!! Where are you getting it? I'm curious now! And how much is it?

·
Registered
4,112 Posts

How is it that you guys are able to get your hands on a "mini" license plate if it's not actually legal? I mean, who produces it?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Several websites sell "Show Plates (Not for Road/Highway Use)" but people just use them on the road. You dont need any paperwork or anything.

Heres the one i just bought mine from www.bike-plate.com

1 - 15 of 15 Posts