Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided I needed a break and loaded up the bike. Took off from Michigan and headed west with no real itinerary or plan. Ended up in South Dakota. Got to ride through the Badlands (twice), the Black Hills, Sturgis, Deadwood, Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse, etc.

Lots of pics and videos here if you all are interested:
www.zzr600.net/images/

I didn't know how I would do riding a bike like that for a long haul, but it wasn't bad. Other then a bad day in the middle there where I almost wrecked twice then got caught in a monsoon, everything went well. Some of the most beautiful riding I have ever seen is in western SD.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
oh yea for sure, my brother used to live in rapid which is about an hour? away from sturgis... going up there from wyoming was so nice, kinda boring though too... did you see any buffalo on your trip... when my brother was out riding they had to stop for about 30 min cause the buffalo were in the middle of the road and wouldnt move...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by 02 z_x_6_r
oh yea for sure, my brother used to live in rapid which is about an hour? away from sturgis... going up there from wyoming was so nice, kinda boring though too... did you see any buffalo on your trip... when my brother was out riding they had to stop for about 30 min cause the buffalo were in the middle of the road and wouldnt move...
I stayed in Rapid City one night. Not a bad town. Took the hotel receptionist cutie to the bar with me that night ;)
I saw some buffalo, but not in the road...
Did see a roadkill prarie dog. That's not something you see in Michigan... kinda funny lol

·
Registered
239 Posts
Originally posted by timberwolfz28
Decided I needed a break and loaded up the bike. Took off from Michigan and headed west with no real itinerary or plan. Ended up in South Dakota. Got to ride through the Badlands (twice), the Black Hills, Sturgis, Deadwood, Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse, etc.

Lots of pics and videos here if you all are interested:
www.zzr600.net/images/

I didn't know how I would do riding a bike like that for a long haul, but it wasn't bad. Other then a bad day in the middle there where I almost wrecked twice then got caught in a monsoon, everything went well. Some of the most beautiful riding I have ever seen is in western SD.
Not to thread jack but we are neighbors. We should hook up and ride sometime. There is a bunch of others that are local too. OhBriansZX6R, Bonz,Lethal Injection, Bullet and Monstermack just to name a few.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
You beat me. I just did 2400 miles in five days on a zx9r, which is basically the exact same bike you have with a bit bigger gas tank and extra 30 hp. As far as sportbikes go, it's not that uncomfortable. Great to hear that there are others who put ridiculous amounts of milese on their bikes without trailoring them everywhere, not that theres anything wrong with using a trailor.

·
Registered
2002 ZX6R
26,443 Posts
yeah, looking through the pics I didn't see a single one of the bike. (okay, I didn't look through ALL of them) Looks like a heck of a ride though, nice pics otherwise.
Oh yeah, I see you're a BC'er also.
I wish I had more time to ride. Bikes been out 2 months and still barely have 500 miles on it this year.[V]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.