Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
bike dosent have a fuel guage!! I use the trip meter to tell when its time to fill up. you just need to find out how far you can ride on a tank of gas.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Yea most sport bikes dont have a fuel gauge.

There is a knob under the tank that is marked ON/OFF/RESERVE.

Ride around in ON all the time, when the bike starts to sputter, switch it to RESERVE. You get another 30-40km at least on reserve, plenty of time to find a gas station.

the bikes are also very predictable on gas usage, you'll find out after a tank or two about how far you can go on a tank of gas.

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i found my guage.......lol[:p]

Vin:"I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time"
Arturo:Hahahahhaha...Why?

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Stafford,

Don't listen to all these jokers... [:p]

Your bike doesn't have a fuel gauge. A fuel guage would be added weight and to be honest with you, on a sport bike, you really don't need the extra gauge or the added weight. Save that weight for big-fat-over-weight-slow-cruisers.

As mentioned by other members use your odo or trip to help determine how far you can get on a full tank after a fill-up, running the bike until you have to switch to reserve. Once you know what your range is, remember it by either mentally remebering the odo, or by resetting the trip. You'll find your mileage will be pretty consistent even in mixed driving conditions. I know mine is.

If you are unsure how much gas you have or are getting ready for a lenghty ride, do what I do.

1. CAREFULLY and GENTLY rock the bike back and forth between your legs (both feet planted firmly on the ground) with the engine not running and listen for how the gas level sounds as it sloshes inside the tank. After a while you can get pretty good at determining how much gas you have just by how it sounds sloshing in the tank. BE careful not to drop the bike. I actually do this with the side stand in the down position.

2. Open the tank and look inside. Yes, it works.

Hope that helps...

-Flash

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but habit" - Aristotle

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Sup. I have a 96' zx6r, and it gets around 150 miles to the tank, but that's pushing it.

-Keep the rubber side down.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yeah, once I reach 200kms I start looking for a gas station.

2002 Green ZX-6R

-LP flushmount V's
-Integrated rear signals
-Akrapovic Ti pipe

...more mods to come!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.