Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang,

This might be a no brainer, but my hugger just came in and it didn't have any instructions.

It is a combination hugger and chain guard and I got it from Euro Bikes.

On the chain side (left) it has two bolt holes, on the exhaust side (right) it has three bolt holes. I did not get any mounting hardware either.

Am I to use the existing hardware to mount this, or did I not get the hardware I should have?

If looks as if the left side easily will bolt into the existing mounting holes for the stock chain guard, so I am not to worried there. It's the right side that is worrying me. Looks as if you have to remove the bracket for the rear brake line.

So do I use the existing mounting hardware?

Also is it ok for the hugger to rest directly on the frame parts? I had a friend mention that there should be a small foam cushion that goes on the "wishbone" part of the swingarm. So am I missing any parts to install this?

Also, should there be some rubber washers or anything, to prevent the hugger from getting cracked when you tighten it down?

I don't mean to should like an idiot, but I've never done a hugger before and without the instructions I don't want to screw the hugger up or my bike up.

Thanks for any help in advance,

-Flash

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but habit" - Aristotle

·
Registered
333 Posts
Flash
I got a Carbo-tech hugger.
Just use your old screws etc. Oh and I did use the brake
line guide as well. I later got Pro-bolt screws in blue
and they came with plastic washers and anti freeze which
I used..
There aint much to it when you sit down and think about it [:p]

mfzx6r

1 - 2 of 2 Posts