Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used shrink wrap tubing over the wires after I cut and spliced. If you got the three-wire SS2 short stalks, hook up the red stiped one and the black striped one to the two leads... I recommend you test 'em before you secure 'em up too tight... it'll flash fast if you've got it wrong. If you want a real nice and removable system, Lockhart also sells a wiring adaptor kit that'll attach into the quick disconnect of the stock wiring and then the signals will quick-connect up on the other end. I think each one runs around $4.99 US... you can find it at www.lockhartphillips.com.

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
OK, I picked up on L.P. rear short stalk tail lights in black with amber lenses. They look real sweet. They didn't have any flushmounts for the front in stock, so I am gonna go back. I've already drilled the holes. Looks real sleek and is helping clean up the back end really nicely.

I need help with the install. I noticed this is a two wire hookup with a metal lead. Do I have to cut and splice any wires or if I remove the black wrapping from around the rear turn signals lines are there the little molex plug in thingys for me to just plug these into?

Also, how do you know which wire is which?

If it is a plug in that's cool.

If it is a cut and splice, did you guys solder it back together or just use crimpers?

Thanks for help! I need it.

-Flash

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but habit" - Aristotle

·
Registered
431 Posts
LP makes a connector with the plug for the 6R so you don't have to do any kind of splicing or cutting of wires. I don't have the part number anymore. I used them on my bike, front and back and they worked great.

Old enough to know better...young enough not to care.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.