Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up People,

Just picked my first 14 up last night. Its a Black 2006. It had 1275 miles when i picked her up. The bike was basically brand new. It has two bro's slip on's and it lowered a little bit. Im 6'3" so im working on taking the muzzy links out and going back to stock. The front is lowered about an inch also. It is super strong. I will post picks when i get some good ones to post. I will be lurking around reading and trying to learn as much as possible about the bike. Talk to ya'll later.

Justin

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the heads up on the recall. Im calling a dealer tomorrow to see if previous owner had it inspected.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
People still buy those things? Never really appealed to me, half supersport, half touring bike, not really exceptional at either. Just an expensive big cc bragging right. Probably why it has so little miles on it, I could easily do that many miles in one summer of weekend only casual riding.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
People still buy those things? Never really appealed to me, half supersport, half touring bike, not really exceptional at either. Just an expensive big cc bragging right. Probably why it has so little miles on it, I could easily do that many miles in one summer of weekend only casual riding.
It's too bad you had to come up in this guy's thread and piss in his Cheerios. Any new bike is exciting, and the 14 has to be one of the most exciting bikes to ride for the first time. The shit-eating grin didn't leave my face for the first few weeks of riding it. It is the smoothest, most powerful, machine I have ever ridden. The lack of miles is due to the rider, not the bike. Like I said earlier, I've put 3,000 miles on in the past month and guarantee it is a capable tourer. As far as being expensive, they are not. The 14 never really caught on like Hayabusa, and I'm betting that he was able to get this one for about $7,000 or less. Because he is such a big dude, I'd say he made a great choice in motorcycle. :monkeyup:

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
It's too bad you had to come up in this guy's thread and piss in his Cheerios. Any new bike is exciting, and the 14 has to be one of the most exciting bikes to ride for the first time. The shit-eating grin didn't leave my face for the first few weeks of riding it. It is the smoothest, most powerful, machine I have ever ridden. The lack of miles is due to the rider, not the bike. Like I said earlier, I've put 3,000 miles on in the past month and guarantee it is a capable tourer. As far as being expensive, they are not. The 14 never really caught on like Hayabusa, and I'm betting that he was able to get this one for about $7,000 or less. Because he is such a big dude, I'd say he made a great choice in motorcycle. :monkeyup:
Nothing wrong with having the bike you like...I'm just saying you don't see many 14's out there being used for either of it's touted purposes. Most of the ones you do are on the drag strips trying to compete with the busa's. I never cared much for the Busa either although I've read it is a bit more comfortable than the 14 for touring. Goldwings still rein king for touring though.

I'll agree that the miles are due to the rider, the rider's ability to find a good reason/ride to take the bike out on. But 1,275 in 5 years is LOW! Suggests the bike wasn't good for what the rider bought it for, outside of being an art piece or bragging right.

For the thrill of speed, the 10 is the machine of choice. Not my own words, many reviews comparing the kawi supersports make that statement. But of course the 10 is a horrible touring bike.

Anyway enjoy the bike, your one of the few that are willing pick one up and pay the insurance premiums. I hope you don't outgrow it, I don't know what's left for you to go to.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nothing wrong with having the bike you like...I'm just saying you don't see many 14's out there being used for either of it's touted purposes. Most of the ones you do are on the drag strips trying to compete with the busa's. I never cared much for the Busa either although I've read it is a bit more comfortable than the 14 for touring. Goldwings still rein king for touring though.

I'll agree that the miles are due to the rider, the rider's ability to find a good reason/ride to take the bike out on. But 1,275 in 5 years is LOW! Suggests the bike wasn't good for what the rider bought it for, outside of being an art piece or bragging right.

For the thrill of speed, the 10 is the machine of choice. Not my own words, many reviews comparing the kawi supersports make that statement. But of course the 10 is a horrible touring bike.

Anyway enjoy the bike, your one of the few that are willing pick one up and pay the insurance premiums. I hope you don't outgrow it, I don't know what's left for you to go to.
I bought the 14 because of the size. Im sure you have sat on a hayabusa before, they are skinny and uncomfortable. I didnt buy the bike with speed in mind. I know that there is not one bike in the liter class or above that you can even think about pushing all the way on the street. And im not a track guy so the 14 is well fast enough for me on any street. What bike do you ride?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. I have a touring sport bike as well. I love the thing, I couldnt be happier with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts