Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On 6/6/06 I got a ticket for an improperly mounted plate. My first ticket ever! It was vertical on the swingarm. Today was my court date and I pled not guilty and had a conference on the spot. Within 90 seconds they dismissed the ticket because I had my $.63 two pictures from walgreens to prove that I fixed it. Sweet deal. Now I can spend the 80 bucks on that clear double bubble I've been wanting which would allow me to get some cool dash videos. :)

I guess the moral of the story is that it pays to be prepared and polite, you might surprise yourself with what you can get away with.

·
Premium Member
11,912 Posts
Originally posted by zxHunter
lol dude its a fixit ticket
[:+1]

I thought you were talking about a 100mph speeding ticket... I had the same ticket a while back, I didn't even change my plate and got it signed-off... It's just a fix-it ticket here, not like they are going to throw you in jail if you don't fix it.

·
Premium Member
11,912 Posts
Originally posted by GodLikeCorpse
score one against the pigs wooo
Wow, that truly was a big win, he fixed the plate and didn't have to pay a ticket... Woo Hoo!!!

He showed them pigs...

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm going to court for a 2nd degree negligent. "operating motorcycle on one wheel while traveling 20+m.p.h. over the speed limit

·
Registered
562 Posts
I wish my last ticket ended up that good, but congrats to you. I ended up with only careless
driving and 2 points. I think cops just look for stupid shit just b/c you ride a sport bike. At
least in my opinion.

--Anthony

·
Registered
562 Posts
To GT636, That sounds impressive....

--ANthony

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Originally posted by iroman

Wow, that truly was a big win, he fixed the plate and didn't have to pay a ticket... Woo Hoo!!!

He showed them pigs...
LOL Irv... do I detect some small hint of sarcasm here???

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah thats true guys, it was a fix it ticket, but not everyone who gets one gets away without paying it. If I didn't have the pictures there would have been a much smaller chance of having it dropped. Either way, it was my first ticket and I'm glad I got out of it.

I got it in Port Jefferson, Long Island, which is a tiny little incorporated water front village, the court was a block away from where I got the ticket in the tiny little incorporated village. In most other spots cops will not bother you for that type of plate. In court, I was sitting right next to this guy with a gixxer who I see all over the place.... He had the same ticket, from the same cop, in the same town. I left before his outcome.

I wasn't really sure it was a fix it ticket or not, because it's not an equipment ticket, its a ticket for the registration because they say the plate is less visible and people put them like that to run. I was thinking a non dot approved blinker would be more of a fix it ticket, but the license plate thing is done more so that people can run from the cops and not have to worry about them getting a good picture of the plate because its hard to see.

Good luck to everyone else in their court appearances, seems like I had it pretty easy compared to what some of you are up against :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
I recieved the same ticket, illegally mounted plate, from a state trooper a few weeks ago. My court date is OCT. 6. I was going to plead not guilty myself so I hope I get the same treatment you got.
I explained to the trooper that the plate was passed when they inspected my bike for the riders test. Which coincedently is taken at the state troopers HQ here. I'll take some pics with me like you did and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah man, the best thing to do is take pictures of your plate both ways, and then play stupid and be all apologetic and all.

Thats a great point though, kind of ironic that they passed it at the school and a trooper ended up giving you a ticket, I guess anyone could use that as an excuse, tell them that it passed inspection, although there is no proof you didn't customize it after it was inspected. Good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.