Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im finally getting things back together after i was hit about a month ago. i should have the bike back this weekend, i hope so because i cant wait any longer. i left the lower sides ebony because they werent damaged in the accident, and the rest of the bike is in the shop being painted pearl white right now. i also have a bunch more stuff getting ceramic coated and powdercoated that isnt done yet. ill post pics as soon as i get everything back together.

·
Registered
560 Posts
i like white if its done well. especially with the white wheels. heres an r1 someone posted awhile back

hurry and get that beast together. i wanna see it!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Man she should look sweet when you get it all together. I can't wait to see the pics man.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
DAMN! That R1, in my opinion, is one of the best looking bikes I've seen!

·
Registered
130 Posts
that r1 looks familiar.. someone from town drives it i think.. he was selling it too... maybe he sold it already? but i agree it is a sweet bike and well taken care of.. i like the white clean look.. which i might do on my bike..?

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
That R1 looks awesome, but I can't really believe that it's real. The wheel assy's not only don't look in place, but they don't even have the same resolution as the bike itself. Not the same white, and the rear tire looks photochopped to the cement.

Find some more pics of the sexy beast and prove me wrong!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
man i would love to see that!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i stopped by the body shop on my way home from work today and they said the paint will be done friday afternoon. i have a bunch of stuff being ceramic coated and powdercoated that is supposed to be done on friday as well, so hopefully ill have it back together this weekend. ill post pics as soon as its done.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
when you got your rims powder coated what parts did you have to take off? like bearings, any rubber parts, etc?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Sweet, can;t wait to see the finished product.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Originally posted by trig
That R1 looks awesome, but I can't really believe that it's real. The wheel assy's not only don't look in place, but they don't even have the same resolution as the bike itself. Not the same white, and the rear tire looks photochopped to the cement.

Find some more pics of the sexy beast and prove me wrong!
You are correct, it is a very nicely done photoshop...

·
Registered
252 Posts
so when they powder coat is it normal for the paint to get into every nook and cranny? can u avoid getting certain areas?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Originally posted by ninja_s
so when they powder coat is it normal for the paint to get into every nook and cranny? can u avoid getting certain areas?
you need hi-temp powdercoating tape. To get into nooks and crannys you can change your nossle and pre-heat the part so that it imediatly sticks to the part on contact.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by Scepter
when you got your rims powder coated what parts did you have to take off? like bearings, any rubber parts, etc?
i took off EVERYTHING. weights, valve stems, bearings, bearing seals, etc. there were also 4 big rubber things in the back rim, i dont know what to call them, but they came off too. the rims need to be completely stripped down.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.