Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Just got robbed need a new bike

  • 636

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10r

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • r6

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • r1

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • gsxr 750

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • cbr 929

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,726 Posts
What about the 'Hold out for the 800's' option???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
323 Posts
Just bunch of bullshit rumors people make up, there is no 800 or 799 or 676 just dreams all dreams. There is no point of having it if they cant use it to compete, the reason why 636 will no longer be produced.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
879 Posts
Originally posted by Kawirad
Just bunch of bullshit rumors people make up, there is no 800 or 799 or 676 just dreams all dreams. There is no point of having it if they cant use it to compete, the reason why 636 will no longer be produced.
MotoGP is going to 800... so, yeah, there probably WILL be an 800, but who knows when? Highly doubtful that it will be an '07 model. Maybe an '08...?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,573 Posts
It all depends on you for what bike to get. If you don't have anything to prove and your only about 180 LBS or less...go for the 636, why get something bigger then you can use (respectfully) on public roads. I know alot of guys who are 5'10" and 150 lbs who own liter bikes...why? But to each their own and whatever you decide to go with, ride safe and have fun doing it. Good luck on the new bike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Originally posted by APinBama



MotoGP is going to 800... so, yeah, there probably WILL be an 800, but who knows when? Highly doubtful that it will be an '07 model. Maybe an '08...?
What do you base this on? Were there 500cc 2 stroke GP replica bikes when MotoGP was using them? Remember that MotoGP bikes are prototypes and the rules prohibit engine and chassis design to be based on a production bike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
GSX-R 750 there is no better balance between power and handling period. This is a Kawi site so most of the answers will be biased. Honestly, do your own research and than make an educated decision. Your money, your decision, your happiness! Regardless what you get good luck ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
Originally posted by Nemesis6R

Remember that MotoGP bikes are prototypes and the rules prohibit engine and chassis design to be based on a production bike.
Are you sure? I read in a magazine that the 800s have to be all new and can't have technology based on current production models but that's to keep a certain manufacturer from having an advantage over the others... As far as the current bikes go, I'm not sure but I had never heard that rule before.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
I recently had my bike stolen from me and im still waiting on the insurance and gap stuff to finish up, could take another month or two. I am waiting until there is some information on the new 07's before i make a decision. But if i were to get a bike today, it'd be another 636.
 

·
Got lime? I do
Joined
·
16,736 Posts
Originally posted by jamse-r
GSX-R 750 there is no better balance between power and handling period. This is a Kawi site so most of the answers will be biased. Honestly, do your own research and than make an educated decision. Your money, your decision, your happiness! Regardless what you get good luck ;)
you forgot that it looks awsome as hell too
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
Agreed, but I also forgot to mention the Daytona 675. I would love to test drive both the 750 and 675. Then I would make my decision :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
I'm extremely happy with my 636, and the 750 would be close to a next bike performace wise if I were in the market. If only they'd get rid of the typical zuki paint job (I really don't like that style).

This late in the year tho, unless you really needed to get a bike I'd prolly hold out till '07 just to see if anything has changed and you would be kicking yourself in the ass for getting whatever you got now. 800's sound appealing too but I doubt '07 for those...have to wait another year or so till MotoGP gets the bugs all worked out prior to production.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
Have you thought about the Daytona 675? I love my 636, really dig my buddy's gixxer 750 and would definitely like to test ride the 675. Couldn't go wrong with either of the first two and I've read really good things about the 675 too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
634 Posts
Originally posted by Nemesis6R



What do you base this on? Were there 500cc 2 stroke GP replica bikes when MotoGP was using them? Remember that MotoGP bikes are prototypes and the rules prohibit engine and chassis design to be based on a production bike.
Thats exactly what I was thinking. I thought firms use MotoGP to test new technology they are developing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
It depends on what you want. Personally if I could find a good deal on a 929 that is exactly what I would go for. They have alot of power and they seem like they were designed to stunt.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top