Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was coming up to a light in heavy traffic in the far right lane, when a Hyundai SUV comes out of a Home Depot parking lot and plows right into me. I guess the SUV got waved on by the cars in the left and center lanes, so he thought he was good to go. I don't have collision, so hopefully something works out my way. I hope. If I can get a guarantee that I will get money, I'll put in a ding in the frame and get it totaled for sure.[}:)]

·
Registered
105 Posts
and yet you two are probably the same ones to bitch about high insurance rates when what you are suggesting he do is what helps drive the rates higher. all he needs to do is get the bike fixed because that is all that was "lost" sueing over nothing is bullshit.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Originally posted by clanton1.8T
and yet you two are probably the same ones to bitch about high insurance rates when what you are suggesting he do is what helps drive the rates higher. all he needs to do is get the bike fixed because that is all that was "lost" sueing over nothing is bullshit.
+1...If you were not injured why BS to get a couple g's. It's called insurance fraud and we all get screwed by theives.JMO

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
there's no fraud involved....the other driver is clearly guilty of hitting his bike

but try to settle it out of court. get a fair estimate of the repairs and tell the guy what he owes you. his insurance company should cover it

otherwise take him to court. theres no reason for you to pay for this

·
Registered
134 Posts
exactly....Do things by the book first. Make sure the driver knows what is going on, get the accident report and have his insurance company fix your bike, if they want to play hard ball sue the insurance CO

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The only thing the police officer gave the two of use was a driver information exhange. He said, since he wasn't at the scene, he had no way to verify who was at fault. Clearly it was the driver's. Anyway, I don't want to sue the dude, I just hope they total the bike. Nothing like riding around a 2006 that has already had work done. I major gripe is that I know I won't be able to get a good enough paint job to match factory on that black.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
i jsut got sued by a bitch for an auto accident i was in over 2 years ago. she wated until a couple of hours before the statue of limitations was up then filed. it was thrown out of court the fires time as bs, she filed for an extention to come up with more evidence. she got a second court date, but settled out of court. this is the bull that drives insurance up and pisses me off. if she was heur i dont think she would have waited 2 years to press a lawsuit. if you are genrally hurt, then sue for the money that you would have lost at work, and what ever damages are done to you and your property. but trying to play the system, for free money, i jsut have no respect for that. i have good insurance and they covered every dime of it and did not drop me, that is y i pay them good money. but still. it just makes me mad for people to even talk about abusing the system. you will spend just as much time and effort trying to cheat the system, as if you were to get a real just and work for that amount of money.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Originally posted by helo-pilot
i jsut got sued by a bitch for an auto accident i was in over 2 years ago. she wated until a couple of hours before the statue of limitations was up then filed. it was thrown out of court the fires time as bs, she filed for an extention to come up with more evidence. she got a second court date, but settled out of court. this is the bull that drives insurance up and pisses me off. if she was heur i dont think she would have waited 2 years to press a lawsuit. if you are genrally hurt, then sue for the money that you would have lost at work, and what ever damages are done to you and your property. but trying to play the system, for free money, i jsut have no respect for that. i have good insurance and they covered every dime of it and did not drop me, that is y i pay them good money. but still. it just makes me mad for people to even talk about abusing the system. you will spend just as much time and effort trying to cheat the system, as if you were to get a real just and work for that amount of money.
You're not exactly right.

I was rearended 6 months ago and just now learning the extent of my injuries. I will probably wait atleast another 6 mo to a year to file. I could have got a quick 10K with no idea how long term i'm f'd up! And trust me i'm f'd for the rest of my life!!!

So what is that worth to you??

·
Registered
93 Posts
dont wait untill your back starts hurting in a few years, do what i did not and go get checked out... it thought i was good to go after i got hit, not my back is fucked and no one can help me pay the bills when im unable to work from major back pain.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
just so you know lawsuits usually take 3 yrs before you see any money.thats not gonna help.you need to get on the phone with the insurance co.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by tecateman
just so you know lawsuits usually take 3 yrs before you see any money.thats not gonna help.you need to get on the phone with the insurance co.

I already did, the claim was made last night, about an hour after the accident and now they are waiting to get the other guy's side of the story. An attorney is the last resort and will only be used if they are fraudulent.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Hope it works out for you. Keep on top of it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.