Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...So Thursday evening is bike night round here, and I had the opertunity for the first time in weeks to go. I went solo, because I had an itch to ride like an ass. The usual, whoolies, speeding, and just genreral stupid shat. I get that way every now and again. Tonight was a strange one though. When I got to the spot, the place was packed, but the group that I usualy ride with was allready donning thier gear and mounting thier bikes, as if they were finished for the night. (But it was only like 9:00!?)So I whent past my crib, through my hood, to my local Rab Shack, that my good friend owns. (Rab Shack is slang for gas station in Detroit) Cooled with my bud for about an hour, then gased up, and headed to the "Spot". You know the one. Inner city, dag strip, stunt spot, hangout for the bad seeds. When I got there, noone was there. Not 1 bike. (Wierd) So I decided to head to the east side, where people do a bit of cruisin. I thought maybe there would be a small car show at the very least.
The rout to the east side is a fun one, 2 e-ways, that at this time of evening were not very heavy with trafic, and one of wich is newly paved, and a straight shot for 9 miles. I can usualy top out on the later, before my exit. So I'm in route, and riding quite spirited, fuck it, I was doin easy 140. I saw some cars about 1/2 a mile up and cut of the speed, and rode like a nice boy while trafic was around, when all of the sudden I hear sirens, and see disco lights over my shoulder in my mirror. Shit, hes comin fer me! So I immediately signaled than I was pullin over, and slowed down as to let him know my intention was not to run. When I made it to the right shoulder of the road, the cop was so hype, he cut in front of me, and almost hit me in the process. He must have believed that I was gonna try and run.
As he poped out of the car, he came at me like he was gonna try and tackle me off my bike, and halted right in front of me and asked, "what the fuck are you thinkin?"
I handed him my license and insurance, and he headed back to the squad car.
He came back about a minute later, with my paperwork, and said "You should tone it down a bit. I realise you could have ran, and I apreciate you stopping, so you get a break tonight. " and handed me back my stuff, waited for me to put on my gear, and blocked traffic so that I could pull out onto the e-way safely.

WTF !!!! I really had someone lookin out for me tonight. In more ways than one.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
...So Thursday evening is bike night round here, and I had the opertunity for the first time in weeks to go. I went solo, because I had an itch to ride like an ass. The usual, whoolies, speeding, and just genreral stupid shat. I get that way every now and again. Tonight was a strange one though. When I got to the spot, the place was packed, but the group that I usualy ride with was allready donning thier gear and mounting thier bikes, as if they were finished for the night. (But it was only like 9:00!?)So I whent past my crib, through my hood, to my local Rab Shack, that my good friend owns. (Rab Shack is slang for gas station in Detroit) Cooled with my bud for about an hour, then gased up, and headed to the "Spot". You know the one. Inner city, dag strip, stunt spot, hangout for the bad seeds. When I got there, noone was there. Not 1 bike. (Wierd) So I decided to head to the east side, where people do a bit of cruisin. I thought maybe there would be a small car show at the very least.
The rout to the east side is a fun one, 2 e-ways, that at this time of evening were not very heavy with trafic, and one of wich is newly paved, and a straight shot for 9 miles. I can usualy top out on the later, before my exit. So I'm in route, and riding quite spirited, fuck it, I was doin easy 140. I saw some cars about 1/2 a mile up and cut of the speed, and rode like a nice boy while trafic was around, when all of the sudden I hear sirens, and see disco lights over my shoulder in my mirror. Shit, hes comin fer me! So I immediately signaled than I was pullin over, and slowed down as to let him know my intention was not to run. When I made it to the right shoulder of the road, the cop was so hype, he cut in front of me, and almost hit me in the process. He must have believed that I was gonna try and run.
As he poped out of the car, he came at me like he was gonna try and tackle me off my bike, and halted right in front of me and asked, "what the fuck are you thinkin?"
He came back about a minute later, with my paperwork, and said "You should tone it down a bit. I realise you could have ran, and I apreciate you stopping, so you get a break tonight. " and handed me back my stuff, waited for me to put on my gear, and blocked traffic so that I could pull out onto the e-way safely.

Glad to hear it worked out....now (as you know) get ready to be flamed for the 140 (impressive) and the need to ride "like an ass'....which most of do anyway....

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to hear it worked out....now (as you know) get ready to be flamed for the 140 (impressive) and the need to ride "like an ass'....which most of do anyway....
Yeah, I know. I do what I want, and if that means a stiff ticket, for acting out, then I'll pay it. Certainly glad I got let off. And also glad I got home safe, but Im a man, and make my own decisions. So I'm also the one that pays for my poor decision making as well.
Funny thing was, that when I was on the shoulder of the road, I saw a pack of like 10 sportbikes, all ride past like they were complete angels. LOL I know that If that cop haddnit flicked me, they would have been doin the same chit.

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts
let me guess... spelling wasnt your best subject? anyways... you got lucky.

impressive? a 100 yr old woman with carpal tunnel could do 140
Your mom has carpal tunnel and the clap kawizx6r05? Damn!, that poor guy....:eek:

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Damn, that;s pretty good luck! You didn't run, didn't wreck and didn't get a ticket...Wow. I'm jealous! I would have kept going.

·
Registered
45 Posts
WTF??!!?? How is it when I go 5-10mph over I ALWAYS get a ticket, but everyone else does 30, 40, 50 over and get a warning? F*** it, I'm going to start doing a minimum of 20 over from now on. Seems safer.

·
Registered
673 Posts
WTF??!!?? How is it when I go 5-10mph over I ALWAYS get a ticket, but everyone else does 30, 40, 50 over and get a warning? F*** it, I'm going to start doing a minimum of 20 over from now on. Seems safer.
Just get urself a nice pair of bewbies....:Laughing rolling: Works for me. I got pulled over again Wed night.....rode away ticketless and warningless yet again. :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just get urself a nice pair of bewbies....:Laughing rolling: Works for me. I got pulled over again Wed night.....rode away ticketless and warningless yet again. :D
:Laughing rolling: Hmm, a bewb job might be cheaper than the tickets in the long run... but I might never leave the house so it would be a moot point. :p

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts

So............................

Can I eat your avatar??

--David

1 - 19 of 19 Posts