Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
I installed the M4 High Mount Ti within about 1 week of owning the bike. Had it dyno'd at 109.8 @44ftlbs The bitch is the dyno shop I got to has had three other 636's there bone stock dyno at about 111.0 So I'm gonna take the M4 off and go back stock for a rerun....

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dyno readings vary on climate,temp,humitity. maybe it was not your day.i would wait to dyno a bike until its broken in.--you may loose power with no wind going through the ram air.did they use a fan dynoing those other bikes? that all makes a difference on a dyno.if your bike didnt feel like it lost any power i wouldnt worry about it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm not really worried about it anyway. I'm not gonna miss the 1 hp.... And temps, humidity and the like were all close enough to the same for all 4 bikes, as well as ram air....

The guy I go to has been tuning and running a dyno longer than I've been around. I'm more confident about his skills than I am a lot of things in life.....

I don't doubt the M4 has caused a hp loss...this is not hte first bike I've heard about that had a good baseline, then as soon as the M4 was put on caused a LOSS in power....from the same dyno, operator and relative everything else....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.