Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed CCFL Blue Angel Eyes. I bought a kit from sportbikelites.com and I went to install them and I broke both halos :( MAN they are easy to break. To buy replacement tubes cost $40.00 each from them. So I decide to find a computer store that was selling CCFL Fans. I found a site that was selling 80mm CCFL Fans for $5.99 so I bought 3 of them. I didn't install them like sport bike lites says too because their halos are 76mm and the fan halos are 80mm. They tell you to install them on the black part on the lens, I installed them on the projector side on the headlight housing. I think it looks sooo much better and cleaner then the way they have you do it. Tell me what you think.... :)

In the Dark -

During the Day -

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Sexy.........

·
Registered
186 Posts
Damn, that does look pretty clean. But what about when you're headlights are on? Can you still see the halos? And wouldn't it look weird at night when you just have 1 headlight on? ...thinking out loud, sorry.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn, that does look pretty clean. But what about when you're headlights are on? Can you still see the halos? And wouldn't it look weird at night when you just have 1 headlight on? ...thinking out loud, sorry.

Thanks, and yes you can still see the halos with the lights on. haha I thought about that but I ride with both headlights on at nite.:D

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
looks good

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
DAMN didn't think it would look that good. did you have to bake your headlights?

and please get a picture of your headlights on too.

·
Registered
88 Posts
That looks amazing. Did you wire it with the sportbikelites wiring? Or did you just break apart the fan and use just the fan parts?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it'd be great if you could do a how-to write up for this. i've got nothing to do lately =D
edit: and whats the site that sells it?
I might do a how-to but I didn't take any pics while it was apart. The site that I bought the fans from is www.svc.com

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DAMN didn't think it would look that good. did you have to bake your headlights?

and please get a picture of your headlights on too.

Thanks.... No I didn't have to bake them, I used a heat gun and screw driver and it came apart in about 2 minutes. And when I was done I just heated the lens and the headlight were the glue is and pressed it back together, it's very easy.... Yeah I will have to post a pic with the lights on....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That looks amazing. Did you wire it with the sportbikelites wiring? Or did you just break apart the fan and use just the fan parts?

Thanks.... The parts that they give you with the fans are junk so I used the sportbikelites wiring.... I also had to get a new switch because the one that they gave me with the sportbikelites kit was junk and would hold the connetors....

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks.... The parts that they give you with the fans are junk so I used the sportbikelites wiring.... I also had to get a new switch because the one that they gave me with the sportbikelites kit was junk and would hold the connetors....

Thanks :) I'm sure I can find my way to do my own wiring. Since the sportbikelites switch was junk, what kind of new switch did you get?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks :) I'm sure I can find my way to do my own wiring. Since the sportbikelites switch was junk, what kind of new switch did you get?

I went to AutoZone and pick up a metal toggle switch, it was like 4 bucks.....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts