Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just put on a new scotts steering damper. It's awesome, I feel much safer now. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got it for $426 shipped to my front door from motomummy.com. It helps on the track and the street. If you're just cruising, then you don't really need one, but if you get on it real hard, the front end becomes very light, making it less stable. And if you hit a pothole or bump or something like that, you can get a tankslapper, which is where your bars violently go from full click one way to full clich the other which will send you down, or if you're very lucky you can get out of it. I had one on my 03 600rr and ever since then I hate riding without one.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Damper looks great!!! How do you feel about that exhaust can tho... its freaking HUDGE!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Can you update us noobs on what this does and how it works.

Thanks

It keeps the bike under control if you ever hit a pot hole or uneven pavement, it'll keep the bikes handlebars from going into the dreaded tank slap. It also makes turning alot more stable at high speeds. If you don't know what tank slap is then you don't need to be riding...j/k Type "tankslap" into youtube and you'll get your answer.

·
Registered
442 Posts
this is what i am getting myself for christmas...even if you just cruise around town, I would still suggest it. If your like me, who occasionally rides it to work and cruise around town and down twisty roads. i would highly suggest getting one

·
Registered
26 Posts
looks good. i have an ohlins damper. i love it, but is a rod type as opposed to your rotor type damper.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just installed my Scotts i got for $240 shipped, used for 500 miles. In nearly perfect condition. Seller thought it would be a good idea to toss everything into a bag and put the bag in a box, so there are some small dings etc. Moron.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts