Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took about an hour.
You do NOT have to take the tank off...just follow the included instructions...which is remove the front bolt and side bolts, then lift up and prop it up with something (I have a hammer with the hammer side up)...this is enough room to get at the FI plugs with some needle nose pliers.

You have to take the tail, and both seats off, but you can route the wire harness without unbolting the lower tank bolts or anything.

You literally just have to follow the Powercommander.com instuctions.

I loaded up the Akrapovic slip-on map (I have the Yoshi RS-5 S/O) and took it out for a ride. Runs TONS better. Very smooth down low, and revs very clean.

Best $250 OTD I never spent (my dad bought it for me at the Laguna Seca MotoGP as a gift...he the man!)

Next is a GPR damper and some track plastics...

·
Registered
678 Posts
i have a yosh slip-on on my 03' sometimes on decelleration the bike will bikefire. the motor is running rich as a result of the pipe and the pc will fix that with ease. Mines in the mail, cant wait to get it, should add a few hps....think about it 355lb bike 130hp= 3550lb car with 1300hp!! lol something like that

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The backfire is because of the KLEEN system...that is another $35 you should give to Ivan's Performance and do the whole setup...

Also beware...most dyno shops don't compensate for the KLEEN systems that will throw off your A/F ratio readings...

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
After putting just a slip on ( no pc ) the bike runs a little rich, right? Does that have any negative effect on engine?

·
Registered
678 Posts
well if it backfires a lot that can be bad. If gas is getting into the cylinder it will disapate the oil in there and can scratch your cylinder walls. I got my pc3 for 190 shipped...a definate good investment.

·
Registered
879 Posts
:( Damnit... ^ that's a direct contradiction of what I've heard before... WTF? Who's right? I thought you could make a quick assessment by checking your pipe: black tip = rich, white-ish tip = lean.... thoughts?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Im with MP, slip on and no PC = lean mixture , what you say about the sooting is right too but wouldnt use it as an accurate guide to the accuracy of your air fuel ratio.
You get the backfire because of the unburnt fuel mixing with oxygen in the end can, the oxygen is from the kleen system as norcal mentioned and/or the slip on as it hasnt sealed well with the intermediate pipe.
A lean mixture is bad , the engine could run hot, misfire and in extreme cases you could burn out the valves/melt a plug.

Mr Chow , if you want a good map for your 03 let me know, i have micron end can and k&n filter with custom PC map done by http://www.pdq1.com/ gains throughout the rev range.[:0]

·
Registered
579 Posts
Anybody think they can custom a map for a 2005 CBR 1000rr with a Full Titanium Arrow GP style exhaust system. PC has a map for it. But I don't want to use theirs, but I can't really spend anymore money on shit like dynoing my bikes and buying parts for them either.:(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.