Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I just bought a used 2011 white/black ninja 250 with 1800 miles for $4200. Wish I could say it was in pristine condition but it has some scratches on the right side. Doesn't seem like the bike was dropped, more like it was scraped against something. It's still beautiful though, the scratches aren't very noticeable but they are deep. Will post pictures whenever I take delivery (tomorrow :D). Definitely didn't feel comfortable riding the bike 30 miles back to my place, so I'm having them drop it off.

It's my first bike, I've dreamed about this since I was 15 (I'm 24 now). I took the MSF course 2 weeks ago, and I just couldn't stop thinking about getting my first bike. I did some research and fell in love with the white ninja. Was happy to find a pre-owned one, since I don't plan on keeping it for over 6-7 months.

I've been reading some books on riding, and can't wait to start becoming a better rider. I want to step up to an r6 sometime. I originally wasn't even going to consider 250's, but that's because I didn't realize how fun they could be. I'm happy to start on the 250 now, and when I'm ready I'll step up to the r6. I love the idea of being able to thrash the 250 without having the fear of 105hp sitting under me, like I would in an r6 or any other 600cc bike.

· Get off of my lawn Dammit
46,943 Posts
Congrats and good luck. Did you buy your 250 from a dealer? They should be able to tell you the origin of those scratches.

Get/wear gear, take it easy as you get to know her, be safe and have fun. Good luck. Oh yea, welcome to the forums.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats and good luck. Did you buy your 250 from a dealer? They should be able to tell you the origin of those scratches.

Get/wear gear, take it easy as you get to know her, be safe and have fun. Good luck. Oh yea, welcome to the forums.
Thanks prs,

Already bought a helmet and waiting for my tourmasters pivot 3 jacket (read it was a good hot weather jacket) to come in. Going to get a pair of Joe Rocket Velocity shoes (seem good for casual wear as well), and a pair of good gloves today or tomorrow. Don't plan on riding without proper protection.

I did buy it from a dealer, and the salesman didn't really know where the scratches came from, he was just speculating. They're not too noticable, but damn scratches always pain me. lol. Let's just hope I don't drop the bike :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.