Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just picked up a my 1st 05' ZX10R

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  SubHuman 
#1 ·
Hey all, new to the forum..
I just picked up my first ZX10R (2005) and wanted to ask a quick question..

I've been riding a 04' 636 for awhile now and wanted to make the step up to the 10. Comparing the 636 to the zx10, the zx10 seems to run a little rougher.. I can feel the motor vibrate more then the 636 and it has a more deep throaty grunt sound when on the throttle. I'm just wondering if this is a normal thing or if my zx10 is running rough. The bike pulls hard in all gears and there is no drop in power in the powerband that I noticed. The bike has 3400 miles, only engine mod is an akrapovic slip on. I'm thinking that the bike might need a power commander to accommodate the engine running lean due to the extra exhaust exhaust flow

Just wanted any/all of your input..

I'll post pics asap!!

#6 ·
Originally posted by dcmuss29
I have just picked up a 2004 10R and stepped up from a 636 also. I have noticed the same thing as u. I think its normal and i personally love the lower grunt of the motor. I have a muzzy slip on and love it.
Did you guys ever change the gearning on your 636's ? Ive got an 06 ZX6R and felt a big difference in power going -1/+3 and Im interested in the difference in power vs. the ZX10R. Yeah I know its about 50 HP but the actuall feeling of power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.