Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Just thought I'd share on this forum that I'm a proud owner of a '05 Kawi Ninja zx-6r. It had 1600 miles and looked absolutely cherry when I picked it up. The tires however need to be replaced. Anyhow, here is a pix of it.

I've riden it to work so far the past two days and absolutely loving it. However, I've noticed that there is some grime/sludge/oil on the bottom of the plastics, centralizing more near the kick stand area. I plan on to take the plastics off tonight to see where the problem is generating from. I know also from riding, dust, dirt, and what not gets caked on the bottom, but it's a bit concerning at this point. I don't think it's a leak but, I'll just have to find out once the plastics get off. Of course, any inputs is definitely appreciated.

IL

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Nice bike and glad to see you wearing gear in the pictures. Have fun and ride safe.

--David

·
Registered
161 Posts
Nice bike man..Stay on 1 wheel, run from cops, dont wear your gear, ride unsafe.....joking, enjoy the bike, ride safe.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Originally posted by walla walla
It might be the chain lube flying off and collecting there. If it is then it's not a big deal.
That's my thought exactly. I get the same thing on my bike on mine it's fling from the chain, and not a problem. I just clean it off when I lube the chain. 99% sure it's the same thing you are dealing with.

edit: oops..your info says 2006 zzr...thought you had the same bike as me..but still think it's the chain lube fling off.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, for the kind words. I find this forum very informative and practically treats everyone like family.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice bike.

Just curious if anyone else is surprised at tires needing to be replaced at 1600 miles? That seems awfully low, unless (and this is my cynical side coming out) the previous owner enjoyed smoking the tires in which case I'd be worried about excessive internal engine wear.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
i dont see a lot of engine wear at 1600 miles, iven if it was used to smoke tires. as far as the oil on the plastics go, i would guess probles chain lube, it is a pain the the butt to keep clean.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
too bad you got red.. blue is way faster. ;)

nice bike though! congrats.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, the rear cowl came with the bike, along with the euro signals, fender eliminator, and lockhart phillips impact sliders *carbon*. Just replaced the Bridgestones it had on with some Michelin Pilot powers and made a world of a difference. I'm actually trying to have the suspension tuned for my weight, but haven't found any site to refer to in terms of what to do, and to adjust. Everything has been pretty much a learning process for me and it's been great so far. CRG Levers, Brakelines, and a rear hugger is coming in this weekend. As fun as it is to ride, it's just as much fun, making your bike the way you want it.

IL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.