Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG i just finished putting the exhaust on my bike...4 hours took me.

The pipe just wouldnt slide in. Using 20 different pry bars wouldnt fit

I got sooo frustrated I just took off the whole header and did it that way.

Then getting the tips to line up with the brackets OMG another problem..

The end result was worth it, it does sound amazing, and looks amazing but the install was a BIT*H

Ill get a sound clip soon for ya guys.

Heres a pic for now..,

Did anyone else have such a hard time installing this thinggggg

·
Registered
108 Posts
I agree I had a tough time too. But instead of taking off the headers, I just removed the right rearset and the bracket. By doing this you are able to turn the pipe in any direction and slide it right in.

·
Banned
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was thinkin about that, but they i said to myself "nah that wont help" because today was one of those days for me just to be like "oh that cant be right...its too easy" I wanted to kill myself after this install...haha

How do you all like the exhaust so far?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I also had a tough time, but after removing the bracket behind the right rear set....it was easy. I love my exhaust. The sound is awesome and the look is just great.

·
Registered
439 Posts
i had thesame problem. It will not go on unless you remove that plated behind the right rearset. But i'm sure the header removal did the trick too.

·
Registered
227 Posts
greenisfasteri had the 2bros carbon cans/exhaust, and it is a very nice system! i switched to the ti-force full sys. because i've yet to see anyone else w/it...probably because it's ugly but i like ugly.lol wait 'til the packing breaks in, that bike is going to scream! Tapnrack, your ride looks SWEEET!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Nice pipes! I'm just waiting until I have enough cash to order one of those for myself....

Question though: Does the slipon kit come with a custom fender eliminator kit, or did you fab one up yourself?

Sorry about the huge print, just want to be heard...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Same problem, but the rearset removal did the trick for me too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.