Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy crap, my nuts hurt just thinking aobut it. Aside from my nuts (which just about the most important part of my body) the bike felt nice and light. But I'm not sure I can get past the nuts issue. If I ever get to ride one, maybe my mind will change. This sucks, cause I really wanted to love that bike too...

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm seriously thinking about making a tank with a nice indent right about where the nuts go and selling it painted and ready to go, cause everyone has the nuts issue on the 03.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Yes we do...a design flaw. lol. When you ride, you learn to sit back a little and squeeze the tank with your legs...No need to sit on any other bike to me!!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
My aerostich suit bulks up around the crotch area, such that my nuts don't hurt when I ride. They do hurt when I ride with just regular pants.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I kind of like my nuts being rested on the warm gas tank. I get a hard-on every time I do a wheelie. LOL!!!

...you get used to it

·
Registered
212 Posts
Just on the 6R..I've sat on all the 600's,and most of the 750's,900's,1k,1100,1200...None of them had this problem.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I hit my nads... ONCE... on the tank, landing a wheelie hard. Now that I'm used to the bike I never have any problems at ALL, and honestly, when I sit on other bikes, it feels like I slide back and the seat doesn't brace me forward enough. I love the 636.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Had a shot on an 03 636 ... seemed a bit too far forward for me .. but I guess as with everything you get used to it after a while .. try a 9R seat after about 400 miles .. the words "cheese" and "wire" come to mind ..

·
Registered
251 Posts
You know ............... uncontiously i grip the tank with my legs because there wa nothing that would have discouraged me from owning the 03 636

·
Registered
159 Posts
shaveing your seat is simple

I did this and all i can say is its awsome i can ride longer,
wrist dont hurt half is much
balls never hit tank now
best mod i have done for the 636

tools : staple gun- needle nose pliers-sharp knife like steak knife

take the seat off

remove staples from the back of seat simple to do with like needle nose plyers.

take the cheap cloth off

now you will see the foam

take a vary sharp knife and shave it like you where shaveing you face SEPT u go faster .

after a few min ull figure out how to shave it its vary simple

shave the middle to the back of the seat do a bit at a time run out to bike set the seat on there sit on it see how it feels

if its still to hi shave more do this till u have it where u like it

then clean it up when ur ready shake off the foam get all the crap off the foam seat then reinstall the cover

staple back on

its simple as heck and only takes about 25 min to do from start to finish

why oh why didnt i do this before[:eek:)]

·
Registered
68 Posts
There is no worry to worry about your nuts. You are not supposed to sit on the tank. You sit on the seat and hold you body up with your legs and knees. Don't be a lazy rider, it hurts.

Craig

·
Registered
159 Posts
Corbin makes a seat for the 636 that puts your but about 1 or 2 inches further back and it makes it much more comfortable. As for the seat they are $300. I kept my stock seat, u decide.

Mr. Speed

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Actually, the CBR600RR is worse compared to the ZX6R. It's not so bad once you sit back a little. The RR, however, was just a pure pain. It was a nice bike, though.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I used to have the problem, but I sit back now and my boys are all right. Else check out the tips others have already mentioned.

·
Registered
129 Posts
03 seat is just pointing down. i hug the tank, but i'll forget sometimes, break and boy do my nuts get it... i'm really thinking about shaving my seat though

·
Registered
331 Posts
i went for the corbin, and while it's not "soft and bouncy" comfortable, its definitely "my ass has somewhere to sit so my nuts dont get crushed" comfortable. it was worth it to me...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.