Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Gotta get my odometer up there and I'll be doing the same. Droooool...

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
322 Posts
What other synthetics are people running? I was considering Amsoil 0W-40 made specifically for motorcycles....

Diirk
'99 ZX6R
'02 Raptor
'01 Wolverine
'87 Radian (for sale)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I was at 3,000 miles and just changed to Mobil 1 15w50 fully synthetic. what I noticed: The gears now slide like butter into the next gear. I actually thought it felt like I had slightly more power between shifts but that could just be my mind. No slipping of the clutch at all. My baby really likes this new oil, she told me so.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
It did make a very nice change in my bike, but as for being able to find neutral easier, I didnt notice a differance. A clutch cable adjustment might help slighly though. But all my kawasakis have always been a little hard to find neutral. Also from time to time when at a stop light I can actually find a neutral between 6th and 5th and between 4th and 5th. Same on my 96. Well, I would HIGHLY recomend changing to mobil one 15w50 its make a differance you can really feel. Also I did feel a change in how my clutch felt. I will post again after I get her up in high rpms racing at the track this week.
Dj, you going to change at what? 3,000? what are you at now?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Only around 1,000... haven't had the extended good riding weather you've had since you got your bike. But the miles are coming on quick now that the SWEET weather is here. Yeah, I am thinking around 3,000 miles or so, maybe slightly before. Post your thoughts after the track session if you get a chance... [:p]

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Took her to the track today:

Today was the first time I used my bike again since the day I changed to Mobil one and I went out to start her this morning. When I pushed the start button the bike did not start and the starter just grinded. This happened a few times. I then put the "choke" fully on and after a few more starter grinds she started. She sounded totally normal. I warmed her up and rode her around for about 15 mins. Wanted to work that oil into all the parts of the engine, and also charge the battery back up. Well, since that first start today It has started perfectly every other time. I really don't know what that was about, but the problem seemed to have worked itself out. I took her to the track and she ran great. For some reason not as big of a difference as the first day I changed the oil but still noticeably better. She shifted great through all the gears. Super smooth and quick shifting through every gear. Great power too. As soon as I descide on what pipe I want and buy it, Im going to dyno the bike before anything then and after I put the pipe on (full pipe). and then after I put a PCIIIusb on. Going to be on a SuperFlow SF240 Pro Eddy Current Dyno. I will post up the results on here the same day.

Thank God for Guardian Angels... Especially This One!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I have only heard good things about Mobil 1 15w50, that waht I plan to use and that's what i use to use in my old ex500....

the biggest difference I noticed was shifting too....

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
572 Posts
I'm running Mobile MX4T 10W40 adn my bike loves it. Since I had it, about two months I only hit a false neutral twice adn both times could have been user error with my foot hitting the shifter. I hit at least three or four wheels per ride and use the whole tire, maybe a trace of unsed, hair line at most.

Highly recommend it!

PGH, PA

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.