Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
F'ing Catilina Wine Mixer
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first time winning anything on eBay. But I have some questions.

1) Is this helmet better then my HJC CL-14 Helmet?

2) How much does this helmet retail for?

3) Is this a good helmet that is comparable to the top end brands of Arai, Shoei, etc.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I have a Vemar VSR Carbon Fiber helmet... Very good helmet, but the quality in detail is beyond crap. Stickers were crooked and off center, visors are bubbled and badly tinted, and some other minor things. But still VERY much worth what I paid for this $900USD helmet. Came with full second set of liner, 2 visors, INCREDIBLE helmet if you look beyond the stickers and vents and stuff.

Vemar is known as a higher end helmet, higher than Arai + Suomy. Italian made...

They're so cheap because Vemar left North America so basically all helmets remaining in stock went into closeout.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Looks nice but I have never heard of them and from the sounds of Munchy's description wouldnt buy one. Hopefully yours turns out better than his.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
When I got the helmet, the stickers were all off center and crooked, I had to heat em up and put them back on properly myself.

The clear visor was perfectly fine, but the tinted one is bubbled along the bottom and theres the "nipple" part of the plastic on the bottom center of it.

On my buddy's (who bought the same helmet at the same time from the same person, except his is small), one of the vents on the back of the helmet doesnt close cause the pull tab that's supposed to cover it doesn't cover it, it goes off to the side of the hole instead.

The interior linging of the helmet is AMAZING! Probably the nicest lining in any helmet I've ever seen. Suede like feel, high quality, washable, completely removeable, plus mine came with a second set of full lining.

Nothing really else comes to mind, I paid $300US shipped for my CARBON FIBER model (whole helmet is made of actual CF). You can still buy it online for $900ish USD and in Canada it goes for about $1200 CAD.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Vemar is an Italian company, the helmets are DOT and ECE 22.05 approved (which is better than SNELL). Like I said before, in Europe they're more widely used, race proven, higher end than Shoei/Arai/Suomy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.