Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy I know, and ride with, and I were talking about what we would like to see out of the motorcycle manufactuers in the next few years. One of my big things was bring back the Kawi ZX7R (or maybe an 8R) or YZF... I don't care. Only a modern version, not the older heavier one (and yes I know the older one is still a good bike). The Suzuki has been the only 750 for too long. the only bikes that really compare are the 675 to a degree and the duc 848. I just have to think someone else out there thinks this as well :buzzsaw:... thoughts? opinions?

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I like my 2003 636. Its capabilities are far beyond any level that I will attain.

--David

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
I would love to see an 800cc class reappear. I was sort of hoping that would happen when MotoGP switched to 800's but they have not appeared yet.

I'd also REALLY like to see a 1050cc Triumph Daytona :D

·
Registered
382 Posts
it's a shame that more manufacturers don't make anything in the 750 class anymore. with the technology that goes into these bikes today, it potentially could be a great all around motorcycle...on the other side of the coin, it potentially could be a terrible all around bike too.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BMW and MV = $, I would rather have a Jap bike that cost half as much and preforms the same. They are nice though, especially the MV.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
286 Posts
1- I would like to see more "bodywork" on sportbikes. At the current rate, most sportbike models will be full naked in about 10 years.

2- I would like to see more "sexyness" in naked bikes. The pod-people insect look was cool at first, but its getting tired.

Reactions: strat1701

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
1- I would like to see more "bodywork" on sportbikes. At the current rate, most sportbike models will be full naked in about 10 years.

2- I would like to see more "sexyness" in naked bikes. The pod-people insect look was cool at first, but its getting tired.

Reps to you about the bodywork. I hate naked sportbikes. What I always say that if having huge gaping holes in the fairings to 'cool' the engine more efficently, then motogp would be riding naked. It's a cost issue, plain and simple from the manufacturers, plus they probably listen to the streetfighter crowd who have no plastics on their bikes cuz it looks cool. Personally I hate that look, but I'm not knocking anyone who does, to each their own!

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Reps to you about the bodywork. I hate naked sportbikes. What I always say that if having huge gaping holes in the fairings to 'cool' the engine more efficently, then motogp would be riding naked. It's a cost issue, plain and simple from the manufacturers, plus they probably listen to the streetfighter crowd who have no plastics on their bikes cuz it looks cool. Personally I hate that look, but I'm not knocking anyone who does, to each their own!
bodywork has lessened over the years as a result of track demands. easy and quick access to engine and transmission components has eliminated the lower rear portions.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The magazine claims it to be fake. They do these photoshop "wishes" each month with a diff manufacturer. The current issue has a photoshopped Suzuki
I know it's not a real bike, but damn I wish it was. Maybe Kawi will do something like that, doubt it, but I would have one as soon as it came out.

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
bodywork has lessened over the years as a result of track demands. easy and quick access to engine and transmission components has eliminated the lower rear portions.

Again I say, if this was totally true, no other form of track demands is higher than motogp. Their full fairings pull off effortlessly, so they prove right there that you CAN have fully faired bikes AND ease of access. I stay true to my guns on a cost issue, while that may be what AMA is doing, it's not like AMA does not have gobs of money behind it. Maybe not so much as motogp, but still. And yes I know motogp is all prototype stuff and not production. what about a person who has no intention of tracking their bike and would want full fairings? Manufacturers are kinda shitting on them just beause they're doing what AMA wants.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Instead of a return of 750 I4 segment I'd really love to see some competitive sport twins from the big 4. Light weight and similarly equipped to current 600s and 1000s, not rehashed older designs that are long in the tooth or bargain basement setups aimed at intermediate riders.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
as you stated, moto gp is all prototype action. bodywork is easily removed as a result of quarter turn fasteners, you can easily convert your bike to accept them. personally, i love my rc51, but it's a bitch to access things with a full fairing that wraps inwards at the end. there is no doing anything without removing the entire panel. at least on the kaw i can check the overflow bottle! they aren't doing what the AMA wants, they're doing what the riders and engineers want. i like full fairings too, but if they don't work for the teams, then they're not going to happen.

i would love to see a return of liter twins from the big 4, but it's doubtful. the demands of the world superbike world keep the inline 4s far ahead. they're so damn versatile in the right hands vs a twin. i'm a huge twin fan, but i won't keep my fingers crossed for their return to public availability.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.