Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas! Its been almost 6 months since I've been on here, I've been an intern for Mercedes Benz and am in Stuttgart Germany, and yes, I miss the hell out of my 01 6r. Anyway, my question is this. I have a scorpion slip on and a factory stage 1 jet kit on my bike, I want to get a K and N filter for it when I get back the firts week of December. Since the filter will flow more air than the stock filter, will it mess up my air/fuel ratio now that I've already done the jet kit without the filter. Will the bike run too Lean?, or will it be ok if I add the filter to it, and also, has have you guys noticed any differences with your K &N filters over stock? Thanks guys. Continue to ride the hell out of your 6r's for me back home.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
while many people dont feel they make a difference at all, I've seen firsthand they do lean the bike out (more airflow) so I know there is a difference. I don't think it will make enough of a difference to require rejetting at all, the stock filters are damn good already.

On my buddies old bike it was shooting fireballs all the time once we put on a new exhaust, it was too rich. Added a K&N and it recuded the fireballing a lot, as well as smoothing out the power.

They certainly are not going to help the average guy who just puts one on and does nothing else though..

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since you say the stock filter flows pretty well already, should i not worry about getting a K&N so that I dont have to worry about it running too lean now, or say fuck it and get one anyways? I just dont want to have to re-jet it because of the filter, if I would have to do that, I would just stay with stock filter.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So its not going to lean it out to much, so i might as well and get a new filter?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.