Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i was thinking on gettin a K&N air filter on my 05 636. But I'm hearin mixed things about them..... some say they are good but some say that they could really mess up my engine? Anybody have feed back on how i could avoid the damage to my engine? or dont you think it will do too much. Gettin ready to store my baby for the winter and drop a few G's into it to make it pull low 10's in the 1/4 and make it look nicer!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
just bought one, great investment! It helps, nots mess again up. Otherwise why would they sell them?[/quote]
To make money. In all honestly using one can actually affect HP unless you are pretty decently modified. Of course they work, but its not the same principal as a car. The stocker gets great flow, as a matter of fact the Kawi racing manual for the zx6r/rr calls for the stock airfilter with just the metal screen removed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
just got one couple weeks ago, def could tell the diff. prolly cuz my stock one is already really really bad haha

no problems yet tho just seems to pull harder, but like i said its only been like a couple of weeks

·
Registered
744 Posts
to me when i put it in it seemed to smooth out the power. like didnt have as much abrupt hit but instead felt smooth and slightly faster

·
Registered
215 Posts
To make money. In all honestly using one can actually affect HP unless you are pretty decently modified. Of course they work, but its not the same principal as a car. The stocker gets great flow, as a matter of fact the Kawi racing manual for the zx6r/rr calls for the stock airfilter with just the metal screen removed.

You CANNOT remove the metal screen, this in fact WILL effect the engine. The metal screen on the K&N is molded to the actual filter and follows the waves of it. On the Kawi stock filter, it doesn't have a molding to the filter, it's just a flat screen across the top. By removing this, you are allowing dirt and other fibers to access the air box and injectors cause damage to the engine. You can do it if you want, but I would just spend the 48 bucks and buy a K&N. Worth the money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts