Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they make a factory replacement for the 08 ninja 250r and does anyone know the part number, and who sells it...
thanks

·
Registered
315 Posts
He means a direct replacement panel air filter for the stock airbox. And no, not yet as far as I know.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks artood2s i didn't think so i have been searching all over.....i have rejetted with the dyno jet 2193 and the area p full exhaust and it does run a tiny bit rich on the low end and i think a factory drop in replacement filter would do the trick. If i did remove the factory airbox and went with pods would i need to go with a different jet kit??? I did hear it is a pain in the butt to tune with the pods as well??

·
Registered
80 Posts
Done tuning on a dyno with factory pro stage 3 kits and pod filters! mainjet size 112 , needles 3 1/2 - and You wont make more power compared to standard filter and airbox,I say its just a waste of money and fuel!

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
care to share the dyno charts?
:D Not only that, but 'tuning' an engine doesn't always focus on 'PEAK' horsepower. The less the restriction the faster the throttle response and overall power curve. If I didn't gain 1 hp from removing the box, the other factors definitely (for me) proved worthwhile.

... Yeah and I'd like to see the dyno charts as well. I call BS if HAVING to jump up 10 jet sizes and not gaining any peak horsepower ;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
:D Not only that, but 'tuning' an engine doesn't always focus on 'PEAK' horsepower. The less the restriction the faster the throttle response and overall power curve. If I didn't gain 1 hp from removing the box, the other factors definitely (for me) proved worthwhile.

... Yeah and I'd like to see the dyno charts as well. I call BS if HAVING to jump up 10 jet sizes and not gaining any peak horsepower ;)
peak power will be restricted at some point because of VALVETRAIN limitation. unless you change the lift or duration or both for both cams you wont gain any significant power.

·
Powerhungry
38,168 Posts
honestly...you guys should avoid the K&N filter, like the plague.

there HAS to be something better.
its a piece of crap, as far as an air FILTER goes....

try doing a search...see how they stand up.....not good, i can tell you that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts