Registered
67 Posts
Damn, my bad! Time to go home.

I feel like an ass now..... so here go:cool:

KN-401

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
its all good man.. people are so quick to flame on fourms. i dunno why taht is. anyway, thanks for model number
:dunno:??? People are quick to flame cause they are tired of the same, repetitive questions being asked just because the poster didn't take the time to search for an answer before posting.

let's see... you are going to change your oil, I assume, based on you asking for an oil filter part number. First thing I would do is do a search on how to change my oil... well, what do you know???... someone has already done a nice picture DIY for the forum to use with a lot of good information gathered all in one thread. You've got to admit, the concept of having all the info you need in a single thread is a pretty good idea. That people who are going to change their oil don't even take the time to search for the information is mind boggling to me.

Speaking from personal experience, I can tell you creating a picture DIY is a PITA. The person that did the DIY on the oil change went through a lot of work so forum members could get information on a common task for all to share. That you are asking a question of which the very information you seek is in that DIY tells me you never even bothered doing a search before creating your post.... which a LOT of people do.

I'm not singling you out (although you did say you didn't know why people flame), but this happens almost everyday... many times a day on occasion on one subject or another. Can you see why people that have been here for awhile go postal sometimes seeing the same,repetitive questions being asked over and over... usually because someone didn't bother doing a search first before asking?

http://www.kawiforums.com/showthread.php?t=113982

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Well said as usual, K-Man.

Lately I've noticed one other reason to stop the repetative posts. I was searching for an older post the other day and had to weed through 3 pages of hits to find the one I wanted because the same question had been asked (and answered) dozens of times since that post was archived. If this continues, the search function really will start to suck! :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts