Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never tried the shit, but did you put it on and ride right away?It should be allowed to set up a bit.You might have put too much on.I use the PJ1 Blue.It's nice to apply and doesn't fling hardly at all.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I waited at least 30-45minutes before riding. I guess i'll be switching back to Maxima...bummer i just spent $6 on that flippin can of wax and it's going to the trash. :(

·
Registered
37 Posts
I tried the kawi chain lube and had the same results. The crap flung all over everything. I even tried using it as sparingly as possible, letting it set up over night, and wiping the excess off before riding. The shit just flings all over everything.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! I'm almost out of Max adn was going to buy some more but I could see me doing the samething...

PGH, PA

·
Registered
59 Posts
What really sucked the most was, i just go done washing the bike and waxing it...and then i looked at my back rim and swingarm it was covered with black wax.....i was so pissed off..what a waste of wash and wax. Boycott Kawachem Foam chain!!!! But the other products are well worth it.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I'm on board. I just cleaned my bike today. Weather turned cold again here in PGH,PA. Won't be decent to ride (according to the weather Gods) until Sun.

That would suck right after a cleaning!!

PGH, PA

·
Registered
59 Posts
Does anyone use this foam chain from Kawi??? I just started using it and i really hate it...i don't know if it's me or what, but when i went riding my back rim and swingarm was totally black from the fling off from the chain foam. Can anyone tell me if they use it and if it happens to them also and what can i do to minimize the fling. I was using Maxima and it was sweet without no fling and no mess, but just wanted to try something new...since i was told that the Kawachem Foam Chain was highly recommended. Thanks

·
Registered
130 Posts
WHAT ABOUT CASTROL DONT THEY MAKE A WAX

ASS,GRASS,OR GAS NOBODY RIDES FOR FREE! THE TANK IS FULL AND I DONT SMOKE SO FIGURE IT OUT

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I did much research on the absolute best chain lubes and this is what I found:

Ride the bike at least 10 mins to warm up the chain.
Spay on MOTUL or Honda chain lub.
Walk the bike in neutral or spin the tire for a min.
wait at least 20 mins.
Then Spay on the white lube. I forget the name but only 2 brands make it. This white lube is not liquidy at all and it prevents the other chain lube underneith it to not flig off. Many reports and studys have concluded that folooing this concept will keep the chain lubed longer, increase the life of the chain, and prevent any fling

·
Registered
316 Posts
I use Bel-Ray chain lube. I don't have any complaints about it. Any lube will sling a little bit, but this one really sticks to the chain, so I am happy. Any excess wipes right off with a little honda polish.:D

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

·
Registered
292 Posts
(I know this is a pretty old thread, and repeating stuff.. chain lube...[8)] .. b I use Motul chain lube too.. Fist time using it, I found it pretty sticky at first.. like spay Glue. But after drying it seams O.K.. I first cleaned the chain qith WD40.. It cleaned it pretty well !

My question is, after spraying the Motul chain lubre, it's so clean that it looks like there is nothing protecting the chain.. no shit flying off, no thick lube stuck.. ) Should I apply something else after the motul lube ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.