Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets just say after owning alot of Kawasaki's I dought I'll ever buy another one again....the quality of the 03 636 just plain old sucks....I've found cross threaded bolts, loose bolts, bolts that were WAY over tighten....the frame paint chips if a feather touches it...a mysterous coolent leak...I've pressure tested the system and it won't leak or drop pressure overnight but yet it you ride it hard and it sprayes coolent on the side of the bike...strange I know. It doesn't happen all the time so it's got me stumped. Guess what you call Kawasaki and tell them about these things and they say "Go F*ck yourself, it's been on the race track, we don't cover race bikes" If the bike didn't run so strong I'd sell it right now and by an R6...dissapointing after owning so many of these bikes..:(

·
Registered
202 Posts
Sorry to hear that Mr. Forum troll. I have owned mine for 5K now and haven;t had ANY of these problems. I also have friends who own them who haven't had any problems............ your the brain surgeon who told tehm you were racing it. Good luck.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm just pissed off at this thing right now...and like I said after owning several Kawaskai's this one has just been one dissappointment after another...as fas as them finding out it's been on the race that was thanks to the dealer....oh I forgot to add the trans sucks butthole as well

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
www.kwcycle.com sucks, I should know I used to work there!

I'm sure The Wizz is faster than most of you, so he's got more right to piss and moan than anyone haha!

Maybe I'll see you at Gratten tomorrow, maybe I won't - one of the newer instructors (he'll remain nameless) owes me some $$$ but I doubt he'll have it by 17:00 tonight so I dunno if I'll go or not....

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I have owned nothing but Kawi's and always loved them. I have had about a dozen Kawasaki dirt bikes and raced ALL of them, a 99' zx6r which has had a couple of track days and an 03 636 which kicks ass. So I guess it just sucks for you!:D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by dman

I have owned nothing but Kawi's and always loved them. I have had about a dozen Kawasaki dirt bikes and raced ALL of them
I've owned and raced all types of dirt bikes and road bikes...this one has just got me pissed...it's awsome in some places and just plain sucks in others....this is the ninja gripes section, so I'll chock all this up as venting!!! hahaha!!! One more thing to add to the list of gripes...every thing I friggen order is on back order!!!! Will the madness ever stop????

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
"every thing I friggen order is on back order!!!!"

Yeah I know the feeling, but that's what happens when you order a brand new bike!

See you at the track, cause you'll be seein' the back of my bike heheheh sucka!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Hey Wizz, a lot of your gripes seem to be about loose bolts, overtightened bolts, and cross-threaded bolts. I am curious how many of these problems are related to dealer setup and prep and how many are factory-fit problems. What I'm getting at is, is it possible the Kawasaki ROCKS and your DEALER sucks ???

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Trust me, the dealer he bought if from - the one I used to work at - didn't do SHIT to prep it. Basically all that's done is the bike is uncrated, eyeballed, has fuel put in it and taken for a three mile test ride. That's it.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Hey, Triker, your bike looks just like mine. Blue is badass. Anyway, this is the wrong board but since I saw the pic I thought I'd ask... was getting those flush mounts on pretty hard? Did you do the fairing work yourself or did you take it in a shop? Thanks.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yeah wiz, my 03 636 is solid as a rock.. your dealer HAS to suck... when you get a bike.. it's in a crate, it's unpacked, some parts are put on, and all those 'daily checks' are checks.. they're supposed to check every bolt and hose on the bike. by any bike from that dealer.. and it'll be the same. SB knows whats up.
"and the dragon comes in the NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!"

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Deftones, you're in Bloomington eh? I've got a friend that goes to Weslyan. Her parents live near Pontiac so I might roll in there too. I'll probably be riding down there so if you wanna show me some of the local fast roads I'll give ya big ups for it!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.