Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didnt know if thais had been posted or not but according to amasuperbike.com The man EBOZ and kawi have split.not good news for me as I love him on a kawi. Im sure more news to come later.:(

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

·
Registered
755 Posts
So they are not even going to sponsor a ZX10R, just privateers? I thought that the 636 couldn't compete in the superstock category next year due to the new rules?

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
oh bloody hell.....i guess that means he's going to world superbike. i heard that he said he wanted to go there..either that or motogp...i'm pretty sure it was wsbk

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
That just plain sucks. I love thier bikes, but when the hell will Kawasaki get thier heads out of thier asses and realize winning races sells bikes. Race the ZX10R!! It's probably the most anticipated bike of this upcoming year. We all want to see it race and for once have Kawi beat the living crap out of everything else. God I want them to go out there and beat the GSXR 1k so all these punk ass posers out here will finally shut up about them!!

Sorry had to vent after reading that.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Originally posted by sgates
So they are not even going to sponsor a ZX10R, just privateers? I thought that the 636 couldn't compete in the superstock category next year due to the new rules?
I believe the RR can compete as it is just under 600cc, thats why they made it (or so I was told)

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
If winning races sells bikes I hope Kawi loses every single race. I wouldn't want the ZX's to be like the R6's or R1's. Everyone has those.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Superstock now allows upto 1000cc inline 4's, so I'm sure Kawasaki will be racing the 10R there.

Eboz and Kawi parting ways SUCKS!!! Eboz is the man and Kawi should have put up the cash to race the 10R in superbike for him. Eboz has contributed so much to Kawi the last couple years, no other rider out there could make that old 7RR nearly as competitive at him..

Now Im all pissed off...

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
i think kawasaki is just plain incompentent..in terms of racing..they suck in moto gp, wsbk, and now they've shafted ama..only thing good left there is tommy hayden and tony meiring..wonder how long before they cut him too[}:)]

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Maybe the 10 isn't all it's made out to be on the track? They suck hind ass in Moto GP, so what if they've tested the 10 and found that it's about as competitive as the ZXRR? It would be better to take the year off and continue to develop than to have the indignity of never winning a race. With the 7, at least they could always play the displacement card. Losing in GP is explainable, it's tough and expensive, but losing in AMA also is just asking for it.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
great point Gary, I was thinking the same thing, but I was afraid to say it because I didn't want the 10R fanboys kicking my ass... ;)

I will miss Eric!!!!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Originally posted by dtmsurf
Originally posted by sgates
I believe the RR can compete as it is just under 600cc, thats why they made it (or so I was told)
The superstock category is where the 636 raced the 750's, the new rules state

SUPERSTOCK

1. Displacement range is 745cc-1000cc for all motorcycles. Single-cylinder motorcycles are not permitted.

So the 636 can not race in supersport or superstock, so can they race the ZX10R in here since it iss 998cc or whatever? It would be interesting to see what Tony the tiger or Tommy Hayden could do with it.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Crash.net's motoGP site had this to say: ?

"It has been confirmed that Eric Bostrom has been released from his Kawasaki contract after the marque decided to withdraw from the 2004 AMA Superbike championship - to concentrate on the Superstock and Supersport classes.

But while the AMA situation alone was enough to end their successful relationship, a significant factor in the split was believed to be Kawasaki's lack of enthusiasm in helping the man famous for pushing Nicky Hayden all the way to the 2002 AMA title on an underpowered ZX-7 continue his career in GPs.

Bostrom, the most successful Kawasaki rider in recent history, has never hidden his desire to move to MotoGP - and with the likes of fellow SBK stars Hayden, Edwards and Bayliss proving that the step from production based Superbike to MotoGP prototype is realistic - must surely have expected to be under serious consideration for 2004.

However, while the Fuch's Kawasaki team has lost Garry McCoy, his place has already been taken by test rider Alex Hofmann (lower pic), which only leaves Andrew Pitt's ZX-RR available.

Former World Supersport champ Pitt hasn't set the world alight in just over a year in MotoGP, and earlier this week Kawasaki admitted to Crash.net that they are speaking to other riders... with Shinya Nakano, a factory Yamaha man ever since moving to GPs in 1998, now clear favourite for the seat. Pitt is likely to be demoted to test rider should Shinya sign.

But that scenario would again leave Bostrom without a clear Kawasaki route to the premier-class, with occasional wild-card rides the best 'team green' could conceivably offer the #32 – and that, together with the decision not to race the new ZX-10R in the AMA SBK class, wasn't enough to keep him.

"Eric's contributions to the team and Kawasaki have been enormous over the past several years, and there's just no way we could stand in his way once the decision was made to not race the Superbike series," said Kawasaki USA's Bruce Stjernstrom upon releasing Bostrom. "Kawasaki certainly wishes only the best for Eric in the future."

Although there has been no comment from Bostrom, it's now likely that whoever can offer the best access to MotoGP will have the greatest chance of securing Eric's services.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.