Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I just bought a brand new 03 ZX-6R about 3 weeks back and I just received a 2003 contingency sign up form..
I was wondering if it was a good idea to hit the tracks after riding for only a year..and if anyone knows what the competition is like.

I called Kawasaki and they said I shoud check out the site but I don't see anything related to the racing program.

Please go easy on me, first time posting too. :D

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Uhm nevermind about the Contingency information request.. found it on the website. [:I]
But if I can get people's input on the whole racing idea... greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Do any track days? Try that first, if you didn't already. Just my 2cents.

If only I had enough money and a maybe 1-2 more seconds off my times I'd enter every race I could [:p]

·
Registered
562 Posts
k, contingency is only good for experts who usually place top 5 depending on how many places kawi is paying back to...you need to race as an amature first for a year to get your expert license...i spent over 20,000 this year as a first year amature..so any money i ever might see this coming up season will be negligable

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Geez, I thought this was for amateurs... guess not.

Thanks for the heads up guys..
Saved myself a lot of humiliation.

·
Registered
207 Posts
You should still go racing. My racing partner has only been riding for a year and half and he does fine.

You don't get good, then go racing. You get good by going racing.

Look for the contigencies that the track org. has as well, not just Kawasaki. Never too soon to start looking for sponsors either. I've raced twice and already picked up two sponsors for next year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.