Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just looking at some options, and i got to ride this at my RTI course along with the CBR125r, loved both bikes, but perfered the crusier riding posis.

ive looked on many canadain websites but im still unable to find an elimanator? I drove them at RTI, and they had a bunch, so clearly you can buy them here, its jst a matter of tracking it down.....

Or am i crazy?

Cheers

Dex

·
Registered
418 Posts
just looking at some options, and i got to ride this at my RTI course along with the CBR125r, loved both bikes, but perfered the crusier riding posis.

ive looked on many canadain websites but im still unable to find an elimanator? I drove them at RTI, and they had a bunch, so clearly you can buy them here, its jst a matter of tracking it down.....

Or am i crazy?

Cheers

Dex
Dex:

I've never seen one in Toronto. The solution is to go to local Kawi dealer and ask if they sell them in Canada.

I think RTI may have bought them thru a Kawi dealer in US.

Your only option if they are not sold in Canada, is to go to a Kawi dealer in US buy one and bring it over the border and pay GST.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would love to do that but i can because of the run-in process, it would ruin the engine, unless i drove it around for the weeekend???

·
Registered
418 Posts
i would love to do that but i can because of the run-in process, it would ruin the engine, unless i drove it around for the weeekend???
Alot of people on this Forum don't believe in the break in period theory.

However, you can probably ride the bike near 100 KMH without going too much above 4000 rpm. Assuming you buy it in Buffalo or a border town not too far to ride it wouldn't be too far a ride.

Or you could borrow/rent a trailer and trailer the bike back. Or if a buddy has a pickup truck you can put it easily in the back of the pickup and bring it back. That is probably the easiest way to go.

Think it over.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmm, well i heard the break-in period is rediculas, cant go like over 40.....would it be cheaper to just buy a CBR125, which would be something like 4500, or cheaper to go to the states and get the elim.?

thanks for the help btw

·
Registered
418 Posts
hmmm, well i heard the break-in period is rediculas, cant go like over 40.....would it be cheaper to just buy a CBR125, which would be something like 4500, or cheaper to go to the states and get the elim.?

thanks for the help btw
If you are going to spend $4500 why don't you buy a used ninja 250 (or 500 my preference).

A CBR 125 is too small.You can't take it on the highway and you would get bored with it quickly.

Go for a used 250. Forget about the 08- they are hard to find and are overpriced. Try to get one a couple of years old. You will see prices drop once we hit Fall- people don't want to get stuck with them for the winter.

Otherwise go to US buy the elim and trailer it back.Or put it in a pickup.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well the elimanator is the same size engine as the cbr??

where abouts in toronto can i find a motorcycle mechainc that can look at a ninja if i find 1?

i really like the look of the 2004's with the naked frame.

cheers agian

Dex

·
Registered
418 Posts
well the elimanator is the same size engine as the cbr??

where abouts in toronto can i find a motorcycle mechainc that can look at a ninja if i find 1?

i really like the look of the 2004's with the naked frame.

cheers agian

Dex
You have to decide what u want to buY

If buy used ninja 250 there are numerous moto mechanics in TO. Look at www.gtamotorcycle.com. There are several mechanics listed there as well as Kawi dealer Kahuna in Woodbrdige that I use. Or u can go to Riders Choice in Miss or Z1 in Thornhill.

I'm not crazy anout 125cc bikes so the choice is yours.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i was thinking of going up to Kahuna sometime this week, would it be possible if they could order one in from the states? that would be the best possible thing i think no?

·
Registered
418 Posts
i was thinking of going up to Kahuna sometime this week, would it be possible if they could order one in from the states? that would be the best possible thing i think no?
I don't think so. They get their bikes from Kawi Canada.

I think you have to go to the US yourself and buy the elim. from a dealer there. Anyways Buffalo is not very far.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah thats true, and a 2hour triple number break-in on the highway will be fine for this bike eh?

·
Registered
418 Posts
If you buy the bike in Buffalo and ride it back just take it easy.

I don't know anything about the elim. so I can't tell you anymore.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts