Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey everyone,

so ive had a deposit down on a green 250 sence the first week of june. the dealer just called me today and said the bike will be in by the end of this week..

i had planned to pay cash but recently i had to buy a tranny for my truck and the total came to $1600 with labor. now i have just enough to cover half the bike and i dont know what to do..

have read the kawasaki credit card is from hsbc bank and theyre one of the easiest to get accepted by. my credit score is poor-fair probably low 600's with no late payments in the past 7 months..

has anyone here had fair to bad credit and was still able to finance their bike this way?

im nervous about telling the dealer, today i just went along like i still had the money.. :(

EDIT: feel free to pm me the information

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you will probably be fine...... if it actually comes in
well we are starting to see a trend.. if it comes in if it comes in .. :mad:

the dealers must have a solid reputation for talking out there azz. hopefully they will be lienient when i tell them i no longer can pay with cash

·
Registered
24 Posts
Good luck with getting them this week.

I did the financing with Kawasaki and was given 6.99% or some such. I plan on paying it off in the next year.

Have a blessed day
D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I did the financing with Kawasaki and was given 6.99% or some such. I plan on paying it off in the next year.
Have a blessed day
D
great, i would be amazed to get such low apr! did you have a down payment?

im thinking if even approved mine would be closer to 15%, id even accept 20% if thats what they'd offer me.

·
Registered
350 Posts
HSBC has a special going right now. pretty much everyone gets 6.9% for the first two years, then it goes up to 24% or some crazy crap

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow, then thats even better news @ 6.99%. i may hold off til the end of the week, if i get a call its in then i'll tell the dealer my drama and ask for the financing. sol if it gets denied though so maybe waiting til its here isn't the best idea. id be forced to rob the bastards to take whats mine

·
Registered
51 Posts
sooo I have to agree you prob wont get it this week anyway. Ive been waiting EVER SO PATIENTLY for my 08 250 in black.. and its been about ten weeks now, im annoyed with the run around but was pretty lenient since its really not their dealers fault. However, they should always 'under promise and over deliver' but i have my first night of the msf tonight so well see how that goes and keep my fingers crossed my bike comes in soon!
And i'm also using the Kawi card and as long as you pay it off within the 2 years you should be just fine.. pending you get approved however. good luck!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Yeah.. see.. I definitely didn't have much credit like you, since I'm only 19 and already have a truck note. I didn't qualify for the 9.9% financing. They did finance me with a co-signer but tagged on a freaking 21-something% interest rate for my two year note. So as you can imagine.. I'm making huge payments and will have it payed off within the next 3 months. (Bought it in April).

·
Registered
274 Posts
why would the dealer care how you paid? they send in the paper work and the bank sends them a check. the dealer is out of it at that point. j

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ive been waiting EVER SO PATIENTLY for my 08 250 in black.. (didnt enjoy this part) pending you get approved however.
my first inquery was about a black one too and the dealer said no more black models where ever comming! :D

lol. i do agree its not totally the dealers fault but they shouldnt give a date just to satisfy then add an extention.

anyways thanks for the good luck i still feel i'll need it. oh and btw RI is so close to NY.. when we GET our bikes we really need to go riding! :fingersex:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
why would the dealer care how you paid? they send in the paper work and the bank sends them a check. the dealer is out of it at that point. j
good question. i guess he really wouldnt care other than thinking he was getting 3000 cash and now at best he'll have to wait for the bank. with the list of people trying to get a 250 im sure many of them would be able to hand him the cash

·
Registered
51 Posts
lol. sounds good to me hun. yeah well i already put a deposit on it. sooo i better be gettin it soon!!! off to my class. let me know how it goes and well meet up..

·
Registered
274 Posts
i'm going to go out on a limb here and say i think it will arrive. if you called them to ask and they said "it should be here in two weeks" i'd say no but if they called you and said it will be in in a week, it will. why would they do that otherwise? that is just what they did with me. of course they were straight with me for the whole deal. financing is easy. basically, if you don't live in your car and have a job, you're o.k. j

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
thanks j, one of the more positive posts thats touched about everything. he did say the bike was on the ship so i agree it should be here. i have a good job but missed october + november '07 payments which dropped my score almost 100 points. not much length to my history because of my age. hopefully it comes ill put half down and take it home

will post good or bad news when the answer comes. maybe with some pictures of a green bike with 0 miles :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts