Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, ive had my 250R since june 08, ive got a thread similar to this one in the BOTM section, but for those of you who dont go there, heres a 250 thread for you guys. The bike is still a work in progress and im trying to add something new every week when i get my paycheck. i know i still have a stock pipe please dont remind me haha (motowerkz please hurry up with that motogp style exhaust) and i know i have bridgestone decals on my bike and dunlop tires on the rims haha, that will change very soon. here are some pics.

my helmet

Mods ive done:
-Full MotoGP Decal Kit
-Minor Stickers (Arai, Alpinestars, Spy Optic, ETC)
-Renthal Race Grips w/ No Bar Ends
-Competiton Werks Black Foot Pegs
-Puig Clear Racing Screen
-Progrip Tank Pad
-2 Green Neon Pods Near Swingarm
-DIY Fender Eliminator (cost me $5 lol)
-Vortex Spools
-Lots Of Vinyl Work

Mods to come:
-Attack Kawasaki Race Body w/ MotoGP Paint Sceme
-Brigdestone Tires
-MotoGP Style Exhaust
-A-Tech Tire Hugger
-Woodcraft Black Rearsets
-Dynojet
-Gear Indicator
-Frame Slider Kit
-Custom Lighting On Race Fairings (to make it street legal)
-Green EK Racing Chain
-LP Race Stands
-Im Gunna Try To Get My Hands On Some Yoshimura Headers
-Much More Hopefully

Then im gunna start taking it to the track :)

I wish Akrapovic would come out with a 250 GP style exhaust

·
Registered
46 Posts
i would love to see the final product after all the mods are done. Ditch the pipe ASAP! That huge chrome thing is hideous on that 'replica'

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i would love to see the final product after all the mods are done. Ditch the pipe ASAP! That huge chrome thing is hideous on that 'replica'
yeah ive realized this dont worry, im just waiting for the motogp style exhaust to come out for the 250. motowerkz is working on one at the moment.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
good looking two fifty, I would get a solo seat cowl, remove rear pegs and new flush signals
instead of a solo seat, im getting an actual race tail and integrating a tail light and flush mounts into it, i hate the way the solo seat cowl looks. and ill remove the passenger pegs when i get my new exhaust which wont need an exhaust hanger. and im getting an a-tech tire hugger/chain guard.

·
Registered
298 Posts
you should also get some SS brake lines.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i was going to but my friend at the Cycle Gear here in austin said i should use my money on better things than SS brake lines, i might get some green ones that GALFER make though.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Nice looking bike, but seems like a lot of money to spend if you are going to go to the track and potentially lay it down. Maybe you should have done that first then spent money fixing/replacing bodywork etc. to make it look how you want.

·
Registered
112 Posts
then youre probably not a MotoGP fan
I like MotoGP just fine. Liking stickers isnt a qualification for enjoying MotoGP.

Same thing with any auto racing. F1, ALMS, whatever, they have lots of stickers, but you wont see any on my car just cause I like them both.

I just like a cleaner look.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts