Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day fellow Kawa owners. I just had a very eary experience on my 2011 650f and here goes. As I was really hammering this bike on the freeway doing around 160km/h, the temp light just came on and the bike just lost power and came back to life moments later while slowing and this happened 3 times this morning. I must mention that it's a fairly hot day here in Johannesburg South Africa.
After standing cooling I started the bike up but there's hardly any power ?
Good Things
Bobby

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Hi there, your model year Er has the improved, bigger radiator fitted so it should be fine, mine has the small radiator and I've never had overheating problems with similar speeds and Greek summer heat.

Did you check the coolant level and how often do you change it?

I replace it every two years during spring time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Coolant checked and no leaks but fan is just about always running and it's only like spring temperature here in South Africa

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Coolant checked and no leaks but fan is just about always running and it's only like spring temperature here in South Africa
There was an issue with minute oil leaking from the water pump assembly area, the cooling efficiency was unaffected though, so check your right boot - shoe for fine oil spray as a precaution.

Some coolants contain silicone traces that can harm the water pump with time but you will probably need a mechanic to confirm if it is working properly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts