Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded my 18,000 mile '03 636 for a car. Now I'm debating which bike to buy. '04 6R or 6RR? This will be mainly a track day bike. My question is, does anyone know a web site that list all components of the Kawasaki race kit and the prices. 6RR(less power,slipper clutch,possible race kit) or 6R( more power, buy a slipper clutch) Which is better?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have to understand 54 miles one way to work 6 days a week. It all adds up. Not to count week end rides from 300 to 400 miles round trip just to get to some fun corners. Now you know why I needed a car. But I will buy a new bike after the test on the '04RR comes out.

·
Registered
100 Posts
damn that is alot i have 7,000 miles on mine and i thought that was alot. from what i understand the slipper cluch bolts right up to the 6r but if your going to race you have to get the rr there is no class for the 636 now (bastards) i say by the 10r and get it over with

·
Registered
352 Posts
If your looking for discount parts on the race kit check out ronayers.com and look under OEM parts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
........i hate all you bastards that are selling your 03's to get 04's[}:)]......lol jk....but seriously where the f*uck do you guys come up with the money...wasn't bc saying something about squids who get their parents to buy them bikes and that you older guys had "bills" to pay?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Originally posted by falconeight
This is the Official Kawasaki Racing site with all the Race Kit Your heart could want. The Prices are in Euros but its pretty much 1 for 1 I ordered Andrew Pitts Racing Stickers and it took 3 days to get here from Germany by Fedex Pretty fast. http://195.30.9.178/raceparts/
I like several of the products there. Did you use a cc to buy the stickers? Just want to know if the site is trustworthy.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Yes I use a cc my wife is German and she told me that it is actual safer to fax your numbers than to do it over the Internet or you could call them they speak great English. They also sent me A Kawa Pen that is pretty cool and a T-shirt they rock. If you have any more questions just ask. But yes they are trust worthy. Just print the order form and fax it to them.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Falcon Eight I'll go check out the site right now. And Spartan 116 just to let you know I'm 40 years old and have worked my ass off all my life to own what I own now. The mileage is no big deal I've never really cared for cars much. That doesn't mean I don't have a truck. You have to pull your bikes to the track with something. I traded my '03 for a '68 Camaro from a guy I work with. Well worth the trade.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Falcon you sumbitch! I just spent money I shouldn't have on some stuff on the website - like a carbonfiber/kevlar air intake and instrament mount bracket! THANKS A LOT![:p]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.