·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kawasaki Versys Offroad Clinic

Kawasaki yesterday put on a fantastic off road clinic for Versys owners-

Over 30 Versys showed up-

Some great instructors from the Siam Enduro Club and Khun Bai from Dirtshop-

While the Versys is a big heavy bike, I was impressed to see that with proper skills and technique it can tackle some pretty rough terrain-

Practicing the proper way to pick up such a bike is always a good idea, especially when it's not your bike lying on its side

Lift with your legs!

Over the course of the day there were a few Versys that had to be picked up

There was also one brave Ninja 650R in the mix:

As a complete off road noob I still need a LOT of practice, but by the end of the course I felt a lot more confident about taking my Versys on terrain that I previously would have avoided.

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Free instruction, free lunch and free beverages all day- Thanks Kawasaki!!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
thats really awesome. shoulda gotten some videos! the more i look at the versys the more i like it. although ugly (IMO) it seems like everyone that has had one loves it!

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats really awesome. shoulda gotten some videos! the more i look at the versys the more i like it. although ugly (IMO) it seems like everyone that has had one loves it!
LOLZ- yeah, I agree the Versys is pretty Fugly!

I used to think Fugly meant Fookin Ugly, but since I goit my Versys I've changed "Fookin" to "Fun"; The Versys is Fun and Ugly Fugly :D

Videos? Here are a few clips I took at the event-

Ride On!

Tony

Reactions: nebraskan

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
They need to do that over here in the states. I have done a bit of stream crossing with mine, but nothing major. The underbody exhaust is kind of a downer for big river crossings, by my understanding.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They need to do that over here in the states. I have done a bit of stream crossing with mine, but nothing major. The underbody exhaust is kind of a downer for big river crossings, by my understanding.
Jut keep the revs up and you can submerge the exhaust no problem.

The bigger problem with the headers and exhaust is that you risk beating them all to hell if you try to take the Versys on any serious off road tracks...

Ride On!

Tony

1 - 8 of 8 Posts