Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody ! I am owner of a 2008 Z 750 and i am not pleased with its headlights.....Do you have any suggestions of light bulbs to make it better ? (brighter and longer distance)

·
Registered
337 Posts
What socket do they take? I have Sylvania Xtravision bulbs in mine. They're halogen bulbs and mine are h7, but yours may be different. Previously, I had a no name brand that only lasted a couple years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What socket do they take? I have Sylvania Xtravision bulbs in mine. They're halogen bulbs and mine are h7, but yours may be different. Previously, I had a no name brand that only lasted a couple years.
Same as yours ! I have H7

·
Registered
337 Posts
Same as yours ! I have H7
I'm not surprised, I think that's a common size for this application. The Xtravision bulbs are relatively nice, they're whiter, a bit wider in focus and somewhat brighter, but I've seen no indication that it's annoying people. I picked mine up at Oreilly's, but any autoparts shop should have them as these are also used in cars.

It's probably a good idea to get some dielectric grease for the contacts. They'll likely have a small packet for sale at the counter when you buy. I'm not sure it's necessary, but any time you have an electric contact, it's a good idea to give it some protection against moisture and water, just to be safe.

The one thing to keep in mind though, is that any time you change the bulbs, you want to make sure that you re-aim them so that you're not blinding other people and you're getting the correct distance out of them. It's not a difficult process, but you'll want to have a wall where you can mark off the height. There are tutorials online, I'd recommend using some painters tape with a black line drawn on them when making the adjustment. And, ideally, it's great to have somebody else sitting on the bike when you do it, you want them aimed when you sit on it, not when it's just sitting there. :p

·
Registered
337 Posts
I was a bit inspired by this post, I picked up a couple of replacement LED bulbs in the H7 form factor. They just slip in the way that normal ones do. They appear to be working, but I literally just installed them, so I don't have a good sense of how bright they are. But, having previously replaced my main headlight twice, the LED "bulbs" shouldn't leave me stranded the way that the normal ones do when they burn out.

These ones in case you're still looking: 8000LM 55W H7 LED Motorcycle Headlight for Kawasaki Ninja 250 300 650 ZX6R ZX10R | eBay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts