Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I have just gotten a 1988 Kawasaki GPX600R ZX600C1 and I am trying to find a wiring loom as mine has been bodged to fit an override switch to the cooling fan. I have stripped the bike to have a proper look at the wiring and a previous owner has spliced a wire into the fan connector that branches off of the loom that the cooling fan wiring block connects to and the other wire has been spliced into what I can presume is a live going up to the ignition. I am trying to restore it to stock as I have heard of people doing switches for the ninja like the GPX 900 overheating issues but I just want it factory for the sake of it.

I can't find a loom anywhere due to it being a specific loom to the C1 model as the electronics changed for the following models between 89 and 96.

Is there any one who has one of these looms spare? The part number is: 26001-1865.

If not, is there any way I can restore the current wiring (I am unsure of what goes where) or could I use the 89-96 loom and modify some of the connectors?

Many thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts