Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is wat the CBR rider said before i knocked him on his ass! Just wanna give greetz to everyone here, this is a very informative and friendly forum.
I'm just wondering you guys picked a kawi?
For me, me and bunch of friends were plannin to get our first sportbikes this year, so there was no brand loyalty. I really liked the color of this one bike i saw, and it happened to be a kawasaki. I talked to the owner and asked him wat year it was, when he told me it was a '91, i was like WTF!! I thot it was at least a 98 or sumthin. I saw the other guys bikes from that era, and they all look like ass. Lucky for me he wanted to get rid of it, so i picked it up for a steal. All my friends ended up gettin zuki's and honda's, so i dont really know anyone to talk kawasaki with. Its always better hangin wid ur own kind :D Anyways, i love my bike and am plannin on selling my car in the spring and picking up a 04 6R.

Have u guys ever gotten into fights over brand loyalty?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Haha...good story man. Glad to see you saw the light :D

Fights as in fist fights no, but as in arguments all the time. I always get 'picked on' because of the CLUNK that the kawi is known to make when changing gears. I don't know...it doesn't happen with me...that often :D

I have 1 kawi rider in my team, the others are Gixxers but we all get along and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
The 4 people I rode the most with last summer happened to be all kawasaki, 3 of them on 03 636's no less. One ER-5 and then my 02. One time out of 7 riders 6 were on ZX-6R's.

I chose the kwak in 2002 'cause it was a thou cheaper then the R6/gsxr and it won a street&track magazine test over here. It also looked the best [:p]

Had I to choose again from the 2002 models I'd probably go with the Yami, because I was mostly track oriented at the end of last season and will probably be riding exclusively track by the end of next season. From the 2004 models I'd choose Kawi's 6RR, mostly because I love kawis by now but it's also supposed to be a strong contender for best track performance and that slipper clutch would be nice. Built in lap timer wouldn't hurt either.

My bike cost 14 900euros/15K+ dollars, my present car cost 700euros. At least my priorities are in order :D
(Bikes n cars cost like crazy over here[V])

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by RedFinn
The 4 people I rode the most with last summer happened to be all kawasaki, 3 of them on 03 636's no less. One ER-5 and then my 02. One time out of 7 riders 6 were on ZX-6R's.

I chose the kwak in 2002 'cause it was a thou cheaper then the R6/gsxr and it won a street&track magazine test over here. It also looked the best [:p]

Had I to choose again from the 2002 models I'd probably go with the Yami, because I was mostly track oriented at the end of last season and will probably be riding exclusively track by the end of next season. From the 2004 models I'd choose Kawi's 6RR, mostly because I love kawis by now but it's also supposed to be a strong contender for best track performance and that slipper clutch would be nice. Built in lap timer wouldn't hurt either.

My bike cost 14 900euros/15K+ dollars, my present car cost 700euros. At least my priorities are in order :D
(Bikes n cars cost like crazy over here[V])

Holy sh!t, that is pretty expensive. But at least you have ur priorites straight. I used to be a total car guy. Now i cringe when i think of how much money i wasted souping up my stoopid accord. Great site u have here speedvlaze.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Originally posted by Street Blazer

I'm just wondering you guys picked a kawi?
For me, me and bunch of friends were plannin to get our first sportbikes this year, so there was no brand loyalty.
lucky bastard....jk...wish my friends would get off their asses and get sportbikes

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
heh, actually one of them came in to my work and was looking at a brand new 04 R6 with silver flames...lol...like he'd get enough money together to buy it...and even if he did he wouldn't really be able to handle it
everyone in my group of friends knows who the bike guy is...ME!! haha people talk so much crap sometimes..i'm just like whatever..when you crash i'll be the one picking up the bike and fixing it so i can ride it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by spartan 116
heh, actually one of them came in to my work and was looking at a brand new 04 R6 with silver flames...lol...like he'd get enough money together to buy it...and even if he did he wouldn't really be able to handle it
everyone in my group of friends knows who the bike guy is...ME!! haha people talk so much crap sometimes..i'm just like whatever..when you crash i'll be the one picking up the bike and fixing it so i can ride it!
Ha ha i know wat u mean. When i'm with my buddies who don't ride, i can tell by their faces they wish they had a bike. And its funny how none of them talk about how fast their cars are now, wonder why? :D As for the lackeys who are gonna get a bike now, i tell em to go green or go home. Another thing, i never knew bikes were such pussy magnets, Boooooooourns!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
id just like to say hi to everyone in the forum, im excited to learn from everyone here on mods etc. Its my first bike and love it. i grew up on dirtbike kaw's so i already had it in my blood. the biggest problem in desmoines is its 85% gsxrs! im having trouble finding other kaws to ride with, not that i care to much. i like to stand out, plus i get great compliments on the factory electric blue paint job with matching blue wheels. i have a huge list of mods can't wait for all the advice from the leading pack "kawasaki"!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
"My bike cost 14 900euros/15K+ dollars, my present car cost 700euros. At least my priorities are in order
(Bikes n cars cost like crazy over here)"

Holy Shit!! Seems like you could fly over to the states, buy one and have it shipped back home for less than that!!!

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Heh, yeah, but then I'd still have to pay "car/vehicle (~54%) tax" on it and 22% on top on that if I wanted to ride it on the street. Possibly a toll/customs fee as well. Plus I'd probably have to ship it back to the states for warranty issues because our kawasaki import agency does not do maintenace on bikes that they did not sell. Whether this is how it's supposed to be or not doesn't really matter since this is how it works in practice/the real world.

What really pisses me off is that msrp for the zx6rr is 400$ more then the zx6r in the sates, but if I want to buy a street legal zx6rr here I have to pay almost 2k$ more then for the zx6r :(. Maybe I'll get a track only zx6rr for my next bike, no taxes on that.

·
Registered
415 Posts
welcome :) i have never got in a fist fight about them but i stand my ground! i am the only kawi rider in my group and i got so much shit for it at first. then i let a couple of them ride (after i got the confidence to let anyone touch my baby :D) and they fell in love with it. i think like pretty much everyone else i mostly ride with honda's or gxsr's. i have only run into one 6r that could ride. the rest were just bikes that had been lowered, chromed, and massive swing arms put on them :D everyone is always shocked when the kawi shows them up ;) or at least does some insane stuff they are not use to seeing from a ninja :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quit hijacking my thread Jamer ;) Around here, its pretty even between gsxr's, R6's and hondas. There arent as many zx-6s, but with the 03 redesign, it looks like things are changing. Most riders are pretty cool, they don't care what u ride, as long as ya ride. Ribbing someone about there brand is fun, everyone does it. It's the guys who scrunch up their face and say "why would u buy a kawasaki?" that i cant stand. I usually reply with something super rude like "Cuz (other guys type of bike) are for whores" or sumthin like that. These r usually posers dressed up in there matching corona leathers and stuff...

·
Registered
278 Posts
three out of thirty bikes in salt lake are kawas, i'm having difficulty thinking of a 600 bike class out of the thirty or so i ride with that can touch mine

·
Registered
18 Posts
hijacking ur thread...? well anyway lots of people i talk to say if u want a fast bike,get a gsxr. those are usually the people with gsxr's. yeah i respect anyone riding whatever they want. I just prefer kawasaki. what do u guys think?:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.