Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Coolest Kawasaki

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
89' ZX-7

Although I've never had the chance to fork one, it remains (in my heart & mind) the greatest time in Kawasaki's history, where it became painfully-obvious that they had HAD ENOUGH of being pushed-around by all the other bike-manufacturers, in the sportbike-wars. Not since the short-lived success of the Uni-Track GPz-750 did we enjoy the ability to truly breath a sigh of relief & contentment, while watching OTHER brands at the starting-line of ANY major road-race. We now FINALLY had 'Team-Green' up there in pole-position...

...and there we STAYED for quite-awhile.

Without question, all incarnations of the venerable ZX7 were THE most bad-a$$ looking 750's out there.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
89' ZX-7

Although I've never had the chance to fork one, it remains (in my heart & mind) the greatest time in Kawasaki's history, where it became painfully-obvious that they had HAD ENOUGH of being pushed-around by all the other bike-manufacturers, in the sportbike-wars. Not since the short-lived success of the Uni-Track GPz-750 did we enjoy the ability to truly breath a sigh of relief & contentment, while watching OTHER brands at the starting-line of ANY major road-race. We now FINALLY had 'Team-Green' up there in pole-position...

...and there we STAYED for quite-awhile.

Without question, all incarnations of the venerable ZX7 were THE most bad-a$$ looking 750's out there.
I like the bike and the period, I was just a kid back then and couldn't help stopping in front of the local Kawi dealership and staring at bikes like that every time...

...and it still happens quite often today, I must admit :grin2:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was in high-school when this picture (of THEN Owner & President of Lockhart/aftermarket-parts company)
showed-up in one of the bike-mags of the era, and I've kept it ever since...as one of those 'What if ?' bucket-list/things-to-do-before-I-die things.

Not sure why this particular Nicco-Baker chassis-upgrades (for the original 900 Ninja) never quite took-off...but if it had, I have NO doubts
that this bike would've absolutely D.O.M.I.N.A.T.E.D. the super-sport division of racing, in it's day.

Every once in awhile I close my eyes and try to imagine how this bike might've done, on the Isle of Man race...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was in high-school when this picture (of THEN Owner & President of Lockhart/aftermarket-parts company)
showed-up in one of the bike-mags of the era, and I've kept it ever since...as one of those 'What if ?' bucket-list/things-to-do-before-I-die things.

Not sure why this particular Nicco-Baker chassis-upgrades (for the original 900 Ninja) never quite took-off...but if it had, I have NO doubts
that this bike would've absolutely D.O.M.I.N.A.T.E.D. the super-sport division of racing, in it's day.

Every once in awhile I close my eyes and try to imagine how this bike might've done, on the Isle of Man race...
That's a nice post man, you are a cool guy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
For me i think it was the ZX6R Or Ninja 600 as i think i knew it, I had had two friends who rode these back in the day one Pre 636 and the other when the 636 version had just come out. It was my first introduction really to Kawasaki and what there bikes could do. One of them still has his stuck in the garage somewhere and hasn't ridden it in over 20 Years I've tried everything possible to get it off him as a restoration project but he won't let it go.

But in truth i was always a bit of a Suzuki boy back in those days with my true love being and still being the RGV500.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For me i think it was the ZX6R Or Ninja 600 as i think i knew it, I had had two friends who rode these back in the day one Pre 636 and the other when the 636 version had just come out. It was my first introduction really to Kawasaki and what there bikes could do. One of them still has his stuck in the garage somewhere and hasn't ridden it in over 20 Years I've tried everything possible to get it off him as a restoration project but he won't let it go.

But in truth i was always a bit of a Suzuki boy back in those days with my true love being and still being the RGV500.
Fair enough, I can see why the 600 works for you, in the end motorcycles are about feelings :smile2:

I like the RG 500 Suzi, the Gamma edition with the Greek letter Γ on the swingarm :wink2:

·
Registered
21 Posts
My vote for the two stroke legend that put Kawasaki to the top in the first place!

Also, bpe and Piston this poll is about the coolEST Kawasaki so a Ninja 500 or a ZX-6 maybe cool but can't stand next to legends. I could choose my Z750 too or GR his Er but lets face it, they weren't even intended to be the coolest of cool :cheers:

·
Registered
40 Posts
MMmmYeah...the Ninja 500...ABOUT that...

Formerly known as the 'EX' 500...she went without the 'Ninja' moniker for MANY, many-moons, as a means of keeping insurance-rates at a level which most Ninja-250 riders only WISHED they were paying...

Speaking of which, I'm old enough to remember the GPz-250 (R?) Ninja...such an amazingly 'cute & breezy' little bitch on wheels...a shame it never sold as well (here in the US) as they did in the Orient...but Kawasaki wisely kept that basic, original design, put a larger engine in it...and lo & behold, it only took a few years before EVERY cycle-magazine ran an article on just how amazingly versatile (and TOUGH) those EX-500's really were...

...I think one guy chronicled a european/africa-trip on one of them...something like 80,000+ miles only stopping long enough for one tire-change, and O-ring chain-drive mishap, which hardly set him back much at all.

Simple work-horse, single disc-front & Rear drum-brake...never bothered anybody who simply drove them AS INTENDED.

Although not a 'Superbike'...it still is a Super BIKE, in it's own right.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Also, bpe and Piston this poll is about the coolEST Kawasaki so a Ninja 500 or a ZX-6 maybe cool but can't stand next to legends
Actually I believe this poll is about coolEST Kawasaki in the opinion of the individual voting in the poll.

I stand by my vote​

Right from to git go I eliminate any computerized fuel injected bike. :surprise: Nothing cool about those for me.

Granted, I'm not a speed junkie. Nothing cool for me having a bike capable of 175 mph's, if I'm never going to go over 100 and just rarely going over 85.

I could extend my elimination list if need be (may be a little lengthy) :grin2:

There may be a cooler Kawasaki for me out there that I'm not aware of, but certainly none of the one's that have been posted on this thread. :wink2:

·
Registered
40 Posts
A real shame you don't like fuel-injected bikes...because the GPz-750 Turbo ?

If you've never driven one...you should.

Everything about it, was just...awsome.

No...'Orgasmic' is actually a more-befitting description.

Once the RPM's & Boost kicked-in...THIS expression (on Wolverine's face) says it all: https://youtu.be/O0o3bhrxfLk

No, seriously...it's JUST like that !

1 - 20 of 30 Posts