Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do people hate on Kawi so much??? Is it cuz there scared? It seems like everywhere I go there is a shit talker saying how crappy Kawi is, and when I tell the bitches to take it to the street, they freeze up. I think people are just not sure what the 636's potential is, let me know your thoughts on this:

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Well, how's Kawi doing in the rase scene?

Maybe that's the reason.

Or maybe we talk ish about them so they feel it's fair game.

·
Registered
493 Posts
ya o agree naughty ninja, i get that all the time. guys talk down on 600cc bbikes cuz they ride a litre and think they are the shit. its always the ones with 2 inch chicken strips on thier rear tire that talk the most too. they couldnt push a moped to its full potential, just ask em to see you in some tight twisties and show em what our lil 636 is made of

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I get more impressed with the potential of my 6 every day. I don't understand how anyone can knock it. The only reason I could come up with is that they don't know its full capability.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't know why people talk shit about the sport bikes. Kawi has a pretty bad reputation in the dirtbike world, and in my opinion, for good reason. But the sport bikes are a whole different story.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Originally posted by Naughtyninja

oh yea..i also love the ones that talk down on 600 class bikes....like it's a tricycle..
I hear you, especially funny are the busa and zx12r guys who think theyre soooo fast. Then they go to the track and 600's are walking all over them. Hmm, now I almost feel sorry for them but then I remember what they said about "girl bikes". Hahaha.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I've dusted many big bore bikes on my 636. I ride with an o2 zx9r, an 03 gixxer 1000, and an 03 954rr and the 954 is the only one who can keep up when we hit the mountains. It's not about the size of the motor, it's how you use it! :D

The only place a litre bike is needed is on the straights. Other than that i'll stick with my middle weight!

·
Registered
422 Posts
i can understand shyt talking if you've actually ridden all bikes to compare..but most of the guys that talk shyt to me are ones that don't even have a bike. They only know what they read..and half of them can't even do that correctly.

·
Registered
558 Posts
most ppl i ride with know that the 636 is a bad ass mother. i have some guy that has a gix1k and every time i see him hes like dude lets race. i make fun of him and tell him the only reason he wants to race is because he can only beat 6huns but he actually thinks my bike has a chance. yea but alot of ppl talk ish but usally its all in fun i just ask em' which gixxer outa 15 is thiers.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Kawasaki's street reputation was adopted from their poor dirt reputation. People pretty much automatically assume that they can't be much better on the street. Also, I do believe there was a time when Kawasaki was pretty poor on the road back in the day, but they have since cleaned up their act. Now look at 'em. Pretty awesome, eh? A combination of those two factors, plus their racing reputation, have tarnished many a perspective. If they could kick that dirt bike bug, then I believe they could be right up there in sales with Honda since they now are coming out with some very nice bikes.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Nobody's said anything bad about my '02 - and it's not too common as everyone else's rides around here so that's a bonus!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
any 600 bike can beat a liter bike if its the right driver. these guys that say bull shit dont know anything about these bikes except for what they hear at the local hangouts.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Originally posted by arturo3rd

any 600 bike can beat a liter bike if its the right driver. these guys that say bull shit dont know anything about these bikes except for what they hear at the local hangouts.
i ride a 250 atm due to australia licence restrictions , and oftern at track days i get guys on gixxer 1k come up to me saying "why hang out in this grade, ull just get in our way!" but most of them only say it once since they get their asses flogged though the twisty section. i only get passed by them on the straight but really who cares when my lap times are still better ;). i find with most guys on 1litre bikes in aust is just penis envy [:S] any fool can crank the throttle in straight line.. it takes skill to puch the bike through corners

as for kawi rep? in aus most ppl like it actually. i never paid much attention to it and i was just going to buy a honda 600rr but i rode the 636 few months back and now that all i want. on the track i think it will be the sweetest thing. i think the progress kawi have made in motogp (or lack of it) has a lot to do with ppl talking shite

·
Registered
22 Posts
Originally posted by speedvlaze

Those must be some really crappy Gixxer 1K riders.[xx(]
yeah id say so too since ive only been riding for about 8 months so by no means do i consider myself a good rider, more like an average one.... thats what makes it so sad.... but i go in one grade below the top one that is always full of pro racers so u would expect the riding level to be higher [:S].

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.