Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up four quarts of Kawasaki fully synthetic 10W-40 four stroke motorcycle oil from my dealership today so I could do a quick oil and filter change on my 05 zx6r. After draining the oil and replacing the filter I started filling my bike up with the new oil. The first two quarts of oil looked normal with that diluted greenish brown color to them. The third and fourth quarts were a different story however. I started pouring and realized that the oil inside was a completely different color. It looked lime-green and if it weren't for its oil-like texture I could have sworn it was coolant! I immediately stopped pouring and called up the local dealership who told me that as long as the seals hadnt been broken and the bottles were the same there shouldnt be anything wrong with using it. Maybe I'm bein paranoid but I need a second opinion. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I don't think anyone here uses the oem oil lol....there's a lot better oil out there then the kawi oil.

·
Registered
254 Posts
i wouldent worry about it. dye is added to fluids to help identify it. ATF is actually brown but it is dyed red to ID it. same with some engine oils like royal purple is dyed purple. as long as its all 10w40 i wouldent worry about it

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
AMSOIL 10w-40. I get a huge discount here. Plus it's apparently the best oil for your bike according to THEIR test.

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
I don't think anyone here uses the oem oil lol....there's a lot better oil out there then the kawi oil.
Why not? I've been using it for 19,000 miles and it's been absolutely great.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Hey man, i been useing kawi oil too and never had any "green oil". What gives? it just looks clear brownish as oil should, didnt feel like dying it that day i guess?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey man, i been useing kawi oil too and never had any "green oil". What gives? it just looks clear brownish as oil should, didnt feel like dying it that day i guess?
Ya man. U using fully synthetic? I bought four quarts of it and two were brownish and the other two were almost lime green! Fuckin tripped me out!

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Rotella T 5w-40 fully synthetic works perfectly fine for me here in the hot hot sun. It's even great when it's near freezing. Only $18 for a gallon.

BTW, the oil should be BLACK. The more opaque, the better. Honestly, I change my oil as soon as it looks dirty. I like it clean and light brown, like honey.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
i got green kawi oil to.. its what they had, i bought it.. it worked out pretty well and i dont see a reason to change either.. and its green!
its green oil huh?? well shit i'ma throw it in because then it'll add 10hp, (you do know that kawi green, whatever it may be adds 10hp, thats why the green bikes are faster :D )

·
Banned
23 Posts
If you notice there will be different rating codes on the back. Both are compatible but the GREEN oil is better. When I run the brown kawi oil after only 2000 miles I will need to add oil. With the green oil it is still full at 2000 miles....

but im always open for better oil

oil... yum

1 - 20 of 20 Posts