Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm a newby. I most likely will be purchasing an 07 ZZR tomorrow. I've been riding almost a year. Started on a Ninja 250 and recently have been riding a Yamaha FZR 600. The ZZR has comparable stats to the Yamaha as far as weight and wheelbase, rake, etc. However, I was wondering how many females own/ride this bike? Do you have any trouble with the weight? How do you like it's handling? I am 5'8" so I can flatfoot on it fine, but I am easily intimidated by heavy bikes at slow speeds. I am OK with the Yamaha so figure I will be with this one, too. I love the handling of the Yamaha but want to get another female's opinion who has ridden the ZZR. I've sat on it but not ridden it. Thanks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I dont have one yet but it will be my next bike. My GF had one and she no problems with it. She is 5'3 and weighs about 95 pounds so I think you will be fine.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I own a '05 ZZR 600. I started on a 250 and then later purchased the ZZR 600. I love the bike. My bike at dry weight is about 70lbs more than the 250. I'm only 5'1" and didn't have any problem with the extra weight. I can't feel the weight of the bike when I ride. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everyone -I have a new baby! An 07 ZZR600! Yippee! I rode it home and it was positively wonderful. I love my bike!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Sorry, I have been out of touch for a bit. I LOVE MY 06 ZZR!! I am glad to hear that you can stand flat footed. I am 5'7 and put lowering links on my bike. It just feels so much better to put my foot down instead of being on tipee toe!

·
Registered
18 Posts
SuziBfast, When you put the lowering links on, did you also alter the kickstand? I've been debating it, but was unsure about the upright position on the sidestand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.