Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Kawiforum Trackday

• Hell yeah I want to do a KawiForum day!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DON'T VOTE HERE - there has to be two options for some reason

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see there's a Deal's Gap ride going that I may well take part in, but I was thinking that a trackday would really do everyone some good.

I don't care if you've raced or if you've never done a track day before - I think it'd be kick ass to have an event with you rat mofo's (that's a compliment)!

Before I put in a serious effort I need to gauge the amount of interest. From there we can vote on a track and from that pick available days. I'd like to do a two-day event so everyone can get plenty of miles in. You would by no means be required to do both nor would it matter which one you chose to do.

Chances are good that it would be a week-day event because getting track time on the weekends usually costs more and is harder to get in the first place! Anywhere in North America is fine with me.

If this gets serious I would like a few of the more experienced people to help out the newbies. I'll be happy to give you guys a hand from properly prepping your bike to getting along quickly and safely. Oh, and I'll be happy to help ya drink your beer too!

If you're serious about getting a group together vote yes below!

Again, if there's enough interest we can choose a venue and then choose when.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I'll do a trackday with ya, as long as it's at Mid-Ohio! Just kidding SB. I think it's a great idea, but those without motorcycle trailers probably won't want to do it.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
The biggest problem I'm guessing is that most of our board members are on the East coast. I won't be able to make the Deals gap trip (which I really really want to go on) due to distance. If I did get the days off to make the trip I wouldn't be able to bring my bike. There's no way I could make that distance and still be able to ride (and then what's the fun of it). Call me what you will, but I did have my pelvis and hips shattered. It causes extra long trips over 300 miles a little tough on my body. If we want to do this we should find a place in the middle of the country so it would be easily accessible for everyone. I would be willing to meet in the middle somewhere, but all the way to the East coast is going to be a little tough.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
We need a member who is a millionaire and will fly us all to one place:D If I ever win the powerball, I'll buy a kawiforum.com company plane for all of us.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Make sure it can hold cargo, gotta be able to bring the bikes with us.

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I haven't voted simply because there are no good tracks around here and it would be alot more expensive than going to Deal's Gap. If you could work out a schedule that would give us an estimate of how much a trip like that would cost and it works into my budget then I would definitely vote yes.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
How about in Finland, we gots some nice tight tracks over here :D
Can't ride 'em for another five months though [xx(]

Baah, if I was rich, I'd be in the states or southern spain right now. Australia sounds good too. I think I'll go sit on my bike in the garage and make motorcycle sounds[V]

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
i too fucking poor do do anythign anymore....

this is the last time I buy a new house!!!!!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Hey since Gary lives in colorado I think we should have one at Pikes Peak. Hey not the best track in the world but its closer for us. But if I got to travel I say go Barber.:D

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Barber, Jennings, Pikes Peak - it doesn't matter where to me. The way I see it, I'll ride every track in North America someday.

As lot of places allow you to camp at the track, so you can save yourself on lodging. Some also have showers that you can use for that fresh and so clean clean feeling after a day on the pavement.

The track fee itself could range anywhere from $250 - $500 for two days, that all depends on where we end up and what time of the week we ride.

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
SB, You thinking of putting this together for real or just curious if you have quota?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.