Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whatup guys,looking to paint my upper fairing and wheel cover kawigreen. Where besides dealer can I get this color? Can I go to a paint store and have them mix it to match? Can I use an oil based paint for fiberglass? Thanks gentlemen..

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I picked up some from cyclegear store; but you can also pick it up online. I'm sure you could go to a paintshop and they might be able to match it; but I would stick with a auto/bike-paint shop.. you know where and tear might not be a factor in your local home depot.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I got some for my 1996 ZX6R from a NAPA auto parts store. In fact, they already have a color code on hand that is called Kawasaki Fleet Green. They mixed it for me and it was an extremely close match. I'm sure there is a NAPA place close to you. You can also get it online at http://www.color-rite.com/ . Just be prepared to pay alot for it from Color-Rite.

·
Registered
155 Posts
You can take it to a paint shop and get them to take a pic of the paint and they can match it off that. That way you can get exactly what is on the bike. The color code stuff is close but not right on always. we painted a car and it was alittle more metallic and darker than the color on the car and we used the color code.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Factory paint is Color Rite. Pretty expensive but I was happy with the results. Lot of places should be able to match Kaw green though. I would call the local auto body places and see who had the best rate on matching.

·
Registered
161 Posts
i used the pj1 to paint my race plastic. painted the whole bike for 50 bucks and was very impressed that it matches the tank to a tee. best buy for the $$$$

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.