Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rain finally stopped in West Central FL. I'm about to take my 1st ride on my new 2011 (Burnt Orange) Ninja 650 :)

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
Nice! First bike? Welcome to KF.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Last 7 bikes in a row were HD's... None performed anywhere near the Ninja.
The handling on the 650R (especially after riding cruisers for 40 years) is amazing.
The available speed (most certainly low end torque) is more than I would ever use.
1/3 the price of my last Harley :)
I'm good...

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Last 7 bikes in a row were HD's... None performed anywhere near the Ninja.
The handling on the 650R (especially after riding cruisers for 40 years) is amazing.
The available speed (most certainly low end torque) is more than I would ever use.
1/3 the price of my last Harley :)
I'm good...

yeah its a whole other world when you twist the throttle to make speed not noise. welcome aboard the drama express.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That was part of the reason...

yeah its a whole other world when you twist the throttle to make speed not noise. welcome aboard the drama express.
The noise was part of the reason I was done with HD's... Not only for myself, but for the neighbors. I live in a retirement community (golf, tennis etc.). With the Screaming Eagle Heavy breather and Vance & Hines large radius pipes the Fatboy had sounded like an entire gang of hardcore bikes. Felt guilty coming home after 9 pm... Quiet and fast now & I like it :)

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
welcome to the zoo.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts