Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of or have info on the Kawi day at Mid Ohio on Aug 5th. The day before the AMA races. I heard you can get on the track for the day for $99 as long as you own a Kawi. Any help would be appreciated as we go out to the races every year, and might go a day early if this is true.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I signed up for this on Tuesday (novice class). Starts at 8am on August 2nd (not August 5th) and ends around 5pm. 99 bucks. You need a 1 piece or 2 piece (that zips together) leather suit, gloves, over the ankle boots and a back protector if you are in the intermediate or advanced levels.

I just got my info (waiver form, start time, etc) today. Let me know - maybe I can answer additional questions for you.
Here is the direct link to sign up:
http://store.midohio.com/pc-368-43-august-2-kawasaki-riders-only.aspx

and here is another link to it:
http://store.midohio.com/c-43-performance-track-riding.aspx

I'm definitely excited.

·
Registered
195 Posts
My brother and I are going 2. It is on the 2nd on a wensday.($99.00 track time is hard to turn down) I signed up for intermediate. I got an email from them today, I thought it was a TD and from the email it looks like its a riding school. Has anyone even taken the Mid Ohio track school? This will be my first time to Mid Ohio so I'm excited. Do they allow camping at mid ohio?

·
Registered
9 Posts
They allow camping over race weekends, but the impression I got from the email I received (today also) is that there is no camping for this event.

It does sort of sound like a track school. I suspect they'll 'tutor' for the first couple hours, then turn us more loose in the afternoon.

What ID were you on that email? I am lemosley01.

Keep an eye out for me - green zx-9, green leathers, blue HJC helmet with an MSF sticker on the back.

Larry

·
Registered
995 Posts
thinking about taking the ride out for the weekend...anyone know if you can camp as early as tues?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by irunfromcops
thinking about taking the ride out for the weekend...anyone know if you can camp as early as tues?
Campgrounds open Friday at 7 am. We are leaving Thursday night at around midnight.

·
Registered
401 Posts
as far as i knew there is no camping allowed for trackdays. i did a couple stt events and it wasn't allowed. it was allowed for the race weekend the past 2 years though. the new pavement is awesome. i had 4 days there total. 2 the old pavement and 2 new. i will be there wed novice group. it's like a school for the novice group follow the leader, no passing, group leader sets the pace. novice is broken into like six groups ranging from intermediate pace to super slow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.